“A mandatory visit on every trip to Newcastle”

Pet Lamb Patisserie
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Every time I visit Newcastle, often with friends, Pet Lamb Patisserie is always on our list as they've become a firm favourite. We normally get a box of four thanks to the value, and it's neatly bagged to be taken... well, round the next corner or two before we open and empty the box!

The variety of cakes surprises me every time, but the chocolate orange and the mint cupcakes are usually my go-to cupcake. Frequent updates on Facebook bring more flavours to the selection, so there's always something new to try.

Every visit opens with a smile and a friendly greeting, and the shop remains its charming appearance. I honestly can't find anything not to like about Pet Lamb, so I'll gladly give all five stars!

2  Thank Skarkle

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love grabbing a cake from this shop and they always make great treats for friends and relatives. One of my personal favourites is the nutella brownie slices you and I can't wait to try their new cookie dough cupcake. They're always coming up with new cakes to try so you always have an excuse to add a bit of cakey goodness into your day.

They've made a few specialist cakes for me including a huge Oreo cookie cake (the students demolished it in seconds) and a brown sugar and pecan cake for my Gran's 80th - it really made her tea party a success!

Whether at the shop or at a market their customer service is always great and they've always been fantastic at passing on advice to an (extremely) amateur baker like myself.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Myself and my partner regularly choose to buy cupcakes and brownie slices from these two delightful young ladies and we have always found the experience to be a pleasant one.

Katie and Kay are very experienced in making tasty quirky and unique cupcakes as well as the old timeless faves that we all love.

All in all very polite helpful staff, great tasting cakes at very fair prices would highly recommend. Especially for large orders like birthday parties etc!

We'll be back very soon! Keep up the hard work ladies :) x

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Every time I eat cake I now instantly compare it to the treats from Pet Lamb and it's NEVER as good, these girls make the best cake full stop! I've bought from them in the past for numerous birthdays and occasions, even at short notice Pet Lamb made sure the cakes where made on time to the highest of standards, they even hand delivered a mothers day cake while I was out of the country! you can't get better service than that! I love the fact that pet lamb are popping up in more cafes, restaurants and pubs to!! It made my life when I was last in Brewdog and found I could have a slice of handmade pet lamb beer cake to go with my beer! haha great! New cafe/bar 'Arch 16' also stocks there stuff, had some amazing chocolate brownie and lemon drizzle with the pre work coffee last week, actually never new something as simple as a drizzle cake could taste so good, I plan to make that my next order!!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have been visiting Pet Lamb since it opened and I can safely say they make the best cupcakes I have ever tasted! After visiting last weekend for the umpteenth time I thought the time had come for me to begrudgingly share this little Geordie gem with the rest of Trip Advisor!

First of all, Katie and Kay are lovely, welcoming girls and always make each visit an absolute pleasure. I have never gone away empty handed and the choice is literally endless. Everytime I have visited there's a new flavour of cupcake on offer, a fresh brownie to try or big fat wedge of cakey goodness to sample, all absolutely delicious and sold at very reasonable prices.

I urge anyone in and around Newcastle to drop by this lovely little bakery, have a chat with the girls and walk away with a box full of cakes and a big smile on your face. I'll be back this weekend :).