“As far as pizza goes...”
Review of Cal's Own - CLOSED

Cal's Own
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant/Take-Out
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“As far as pizza goes...”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Easily the best pizza I've had in a long time. It's a very unassuming restaurant and doesn't try to be anything it isn't - they serve pizza and they serve it well. The pizza is all freshly made and you can tell the ingredients are fresh etc. the only surprise, and this is by no means a complaint, is that we were able to walk in and get a table straight away each time as, based on the quality of the pizza, I expected to have to put my name on a list and wait. It's a small place - maybe ten tables - and you can bring your own bottles. Don't understand any of the negative reviews - it's a pizza place, course it's not flash/Michelin star settings. Anyways, as I said before it's the best pizza I've had in a long time and definitely the best pizza I've had in the UK. The only reason I haven't scored high on 'Special Occasion' and 'Romance' is because it's not that sort of place.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“No Nonsense Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Visited Cal's with a group of friends on a saturday lunch time, the staff were friendly and very helpful, even offering us sound advice on where we could pick up some cold beers!

Pizza was excellent, and certainly better than any i remember eating in Newcastle. The menu is concise with a varied selection of toppings for the pizzas, it is clear that only the finest ingredients are used in Cal's Own pizzas.

i couldn't recommend this place highly enough.

On initial inspection of the menu the prices may look a little on the steep side for newcastle, however when you take into consideration a 18inch pizza is more than enough for 2 people the prices suddenly become very reasonable, specially considering the outstanding quality of the pizza that will be served!

we will definitely be back, Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Visited November 2013
“The best pizza pie in the Toon”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

They do say if you bake the best pizza the public will beat a path to your door and this is certainly true at Cal's Own.
Perfect authentic Napoli pizza pie with a small but perfectly formed range of different toppings, we tried the Pizza Margarita, the red pie and the Calzone plenty for four and finished with the most amazing cheesecake.
They don't serve alcohol but you can take your own for a very small corkage.
I've never had a favourite pizza restaurant before, but I have now. Well done Cal, see you again and very very soon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rudy I
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Top notch pizza :o)”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent pizza fantastic authentic taste, fresh ingredients. Really good service and child friendly. Will def make this our regular pizza place.

1 Thank Stuzrock
barbiebabe1980
“Not worth the money,Very overpriced & food undercooked & mushy.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

After going off reviews on here ...we visted Cal's own for a take away, the menu is a little confusing but a member of staff explained it to us. Pizzas are a little overpriced & I felt mine was very undercooked & very mushy.When u picked a slice up all the undercooked cheese fell off. I wouldn't recommend or return here as I felt it is nothing special & in future ill stick to "By the slice" in the Grainger market for the best pizza in Newcastle.

7 Thank barbiebabe1980