“A really good pizza”

Description: Restaurant/Take-Out
Turin, Italy
“A really good pizza”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I came from Italy to meet my Brother and his family that live in Newcastle and found one of the best place to eat pizza, even much better that most of the resturants in Turin, the city where I live. Very good.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Incredible Pizza both In-house and at home.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I promised Cal this review and so here it is.

I have been to Cal's a couple of times now and wanted to wait until I had eaten in and taken away before putting a review together. Having now sampled both options and a couple of different pizza's I can safely say that this place is incredible, I have no idea why people want to complain about things like the décor when the pizza is so good.

The first time I went was with a group of friends, it was a Friday night and we knew it would be busy but we didn't have to wait too long and the waitresses made sure we ordered before we were seated so as to reserve the adequate number of dough-balls. It's at this point that I will sing the praises of the two girls who work there. They are always cheery and happy to help which can't be easy when the place gets so busy, I've waited tables before and I know that a smile goes a long way. The other time I called up without a menu and was talked through the options on the phone very patiently and in such a friendly manner. The staff are a credit to the place.

Cal himself is an artist when it comes to Pizza, I haven't had the chance to stand and talk pizza with him yet but you can see how seriously he takes his calling and it's reassuring to see someone who cares that much. It's safe to say that the result matches the effort, the Pizza's are the best I've had and I'm so happy that Heaton has this place to brag about.

My compliments to the Chef and the rest of the team at Cal's. Keep up the good work.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“PALATE SYMPHONY”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

this pizza is a real palate symphony and deserve a big advertise from all of us pizza lovers
don't let this place down,they deserve to be known by every one in the country.
had a pizza take out today.
drove away from Cal's Own at Chillingham road, by the time I got to Jesmond,the pizza was gone to my tummy. to good to wait.
thanks Cal;s. just like ( la traviata ) (Giuseppe Verdi)
Hubert

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hubert m
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Excellent pizza but on the expensive side”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited cals own because of the reviews on trip advisor.

We were seated fairly quickly, but getting to the table was a bit of a problem as we were in the corner. Tables are so tightly packed together! We ordered an 18inch pizza to share, however the waitress came back to say they'd ran out of that size, so we got a 14 inch with 3 toppings and a 14 inch calzone.

Pizzas were really tasty, but when the bill came to £30 for 2 pizzas and a lemonade I felt this was expensive. Don't get me wrong they were lovely, but not worth quite as much.

A nice touch is cal came round the tables checking everyone was enjoying their food.

A downside was that The noise of people talking bounces off the wall, and I could hardly hear my fiancé, which ruined the meal slightly as we were basically shouting at each other to be heard!

Couldn't manage a dessert but will be back to sample them, but maybe get a smaller pizza or less toppings.

“Best pizza ever”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I get theese pizzas to take out they are fab I wouldn't go anywhere else :-) also great quick friendly service