“Great place”

Rasa Nusantara
Ranked #780 of 1,314 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went with a group and we all enjoyed we will come back
It's a nice place, all the ser I e was very good. The food was ok and they have a lot of different dishes

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My ex-wife is from Kota Marudu, Sabah, which is very close to where the owners come from. I enjoyed the food and friendly service, and my daughter agreed that her mother and sister would love this place. Don't be put off by the way it looks, you must give it a try if you get the chance.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have been living in Europe for several years, and one of the things that I miss most from my home country in Indonesia is the cuisine which is rich of spices and flavor. I found this place during a trip in Newcastle, and I was really happy that the food is very authentic and reminded me of the food I had back then in Indonesia. Moreover, I had a little chat with the owners, and they are very nice, and are willing to share stories about Nusantara and Malaysia in particular if you are interested in the area. The price is also good for the food. Although the interior could have been improved, overall this place is recommended for anyone who would like to have a taste of Nusantara in Newcastle.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had spotted the restaurant on the corner of leazes lane and werent sure what to expect as from the outside it looks like a cafe and decor is definitely student-ish.

Our family though, craving a good malaysian meal, gave it a shot.

Thank God! The owner of the restaurant was wonderfully welcoming and gave us lots of background knowledge on malaysia as we waited for our meal.

The traditional tea was delicious.

We ordered roti canai (traditional malaysian flat bread) with beef rendang, prawn sambal with nasi lemak (spicy curry with coconut rice) and satay chicken with noodles. All were absolutely delicious, splendidly flavoured and finished right down to the bone s.

Our only gripe was that we waited a while for the noodles but we believe it was due to special dietary requirements.

Recommended for a meal focussed on culinary delight and warm reception. Dont expect luxury decor and you wont be disappointed

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Love this place, prices are decent and portions are generous. Most important is food is authentic as they are Malaysian chefs. Only reason one 1 star short is the deco, little bit neglected.