“Overpriced and disgusting customer service - won't be revisiting or recommending”
Review of Livello

Livello
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visited Livello for the first time last night (Sunday) and can safely say I will not be going back, nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Most of the menu is overpriced and there was zero atmosphere. My main criticism, however, is that the attitude of the bar staff is absolutely appalling. One barman was particularly rude. There is a 'Mocktails' section on the menu from which I ordered an 'Apple and Raspberry Mojito'. I pointed to the drink on the menu and clearly stated what I wanted. As the music was pretty much non-existent, there is no way that the barman could have misunderstood or misheard me. As he was making my drink, I asked out of curiosity how much extra it would cost to add a shot of vodka to the mocktail. He said he could not give me a price as it was not possible for him to add it to the drink. I watched him as he continued to make the mocktail without adding any vodka.

The drink was clearly marked as £3.50 on the menu yet he charged me £6.95. When I said that it was only £3.50, he immediately became very rude and aggressive and insisted that I had asked for a Raspberry Mojito (alcoholic), which is £6.95. It turned into a bit of an argument, with him shouting at me for most of it. I paid him the £6.95 simply because I didn't want to cause a scene and ruin the night for my friends. He walked away to get change from the till and turned to his colleague and said "she doesn't even [--] know what she's talking about". His colleague smirked at me before the two of them began laughing hysterically. It couldn't have been more obvious that he assumed I was drunk simply because I was on a night out and he thought he could take advantage. I was totally sober (hence buying a non-alcoholic mocktail) and I knew exactly what I had said and done. One of my friends ended up complaining about it to another member of staff as she was so disgusted with what had happened. I had my drink remade and £3.45 refunded, however, I had already been put off by that one bad experience and certainly won't be returning in the future! His attitude and entire manner was appalling. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name but he is about 5,10" tall with short black hair and stubble (just in case people want to know who to avoid!).

4  Thank VernaCarina
"sofas"
"venue"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I live in London and wish we had a Livello here. For service level, music, value for money and decor - Livello will beat most hands down. For me it was the professional and courteous staff who topped the night off. Cannot recommend Livello enough.

2  Thank Nigel F
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love this bar, one of the most upmarket and trendy that I've seen in Newcastle. Very cool décor as well and excellent and friendly service. Also has a very cool outside courtyard bar which was nice for the smokers in the group. Would defo go back.

Liam - Cork

2  Thank Liam O
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I payed my first visit to Lovello on Saturday night. Upon arrival to the bar I was refused entry for wearing blue topman shoes however, a girl who was in our party managed to pull a few strings and we gained entry. Whilst stood at the bar I was surprised to see a group of lads that were all wearing Nike air max trainers! The night went ok, nothing amazing. Later on in the night I started to feel tired and the doorman requested me to leave. He pushed me forcefully down the stairs, when I told him I was ok to walk unaided he then put me in a head lock and dragged my down the stairs by my neck. Avoid at all costs unless you want a sore neck for a few days! Unfair and unnecessary!

5  Thank Jaysencgray