“Not as good as the first visited”
Review of Kingdom World Buffet - CLOSED

Kingdom World Buffet
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: KINGDOM is a stunning new restaurant where for one price you can truly dine your way around the world.KINGDOM aim to provide you with the ultimate dining experience. Having sourced all the best dished from around the world and gathered them under one roof all for you to enjoy in beautiful and luxurious surroundings.Be amazed by the stunning live cooking stations as you watch their chefs take the finest ingredients and transform them into spectacular food before your eyes. From freshly made Japanese Sushi, Mexican Tacos, Fresh Seasfood, Spanish Paella, Chinese Dim Sum to Classic British Roast Meats and many many more!Compliment your meal with a specially selected range of beers, wine and cocktails from various countries.Finish off your meal with delicious desserts, cakes, ice cream and fresh fruit.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went for this buffet few months ago, it was lovely, so my we decided to bring some more friends, I told the friends this was the best buffet you could find in Newcastle, however, this time they really make me down & fell shame to recommend it, some of my favorite dishes had been missing, I couldn't get any oriental roast dishes at all, the dessert is getting less & no one is serving at the ice cream bar which we are not allowed to do it ourselves. Very disappointed. I will not recommend to anyone & will not come back anymore.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I visisted a few months ago... Great place! The only thing I can complain about is my now ex girlfriend being a vegetarian! Pretty good location, too.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

After seeing the place on the web we were intrigued with the idea of all the different cuisines, we were not disappointed with what we saw. The spread was like walking onto a banquet hall and the comment was kids in sweet shops. After sampling the dishes we could not make our minds up so we indulged. Not that this was a bother to any of the very friendly staff who took the time to explain what each dish was.
Really we have nothing but praise for this place, with one point, please teach the bar staff to make all the cocktails on the list, we had to wait a bit for the only person who could make them to do so.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Myself, my fiancée and another couple visited last night, when we arrived everything looked nice and we were looking forward to it. We were shown to our table which had been set up but was dirty so we asked to be moved which was not a problem. When going up for food was surprised to see a huge wide selection of food and to be hones we were really happy with the food and left full and happy with it, the disappointing thing was that there was no table service for drinks.
Unfortunately my fiancée has spent most of the night throwing up and I haven't been off the toilet all morning and the couple we were out with both feel unwell.
We won't be returning!

4  Thank Andy S
Reviewed June 2, 2013

So the 4/5 rating is relative to it being a buffet and not a gourmet restaurant. For a buffet, it is the nicest one I've been to in Newcastle, though haven't been to Tenji which is apparently classier.

The food was the best I've had yet at Kingdom on this visit. The salt and pepper fish was amazing, the sushi was a bit bland but being made freshly and constantly in front of you. Overall the east Asian offerings were slightly better than in your average Chinese buffet, and there was a better selection, but it didn't achieve a wow factor.

The pizza and pasta were quite bland unfortunately, but the other cuisines were great. The Beef bourguingon and dauphinoise potatoes were delicisous. The Mexican food was nice, the fajitas tasted very fresh. The paella was ok though the Turkish borek wasn't anything you'd find in a Turkish home!

The British selection was really nice, with caramelised vegetables and mince and dumplings which were all cooked really well.

It's not gourmet but it is markedly better than the grease fests in Chinatown and I would come back.

Service here has always been fine for me.