“Ok for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kingdom World Buffet - CLOSED

Kingdom World Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations
Description: KINGDOM is a stunning new restaurant where for one price you can truly dine your way around the world.KINGDOM aim to provide you with the ultimate dining experience. Having sourced all the best dished from around the world and gathered them under one roof all for you to enjoy in beautiful and luxurious surroundings.Be amazed by the stunning live cooking stations as you watch their chefs take the finest ingredients and transform them into spectacular food before your eyes. From freshly made Japanese Sushi, Mexican Tacos, Fresh Seasfood, Spanish Paella, Chinese Dim Sum to Classic British Roast Meats and many many more!Compliment your meal with a specially selected range of beers, wine and cocktails from various countries.Finish off your meal with delicious desserts, cakes, ice cream and fresh fruit.
London, United Kingdom
“Ok for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I guess u couldn't complain for the price. The food was all hot, and reasonably well presented, but i think it lacked in variety considering it was a world buffet.

• Greek first
“OK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Just been there with family for lunch and I do think that I will be going back anytime soon. £9.50 per person for lunch and they do have supposedly a big selection but it just seemed very repetative.
The atmosphere was ok. Not that impressed by it.

newcastle upon tyne
“Amazing food, great design, impeccable service, terrific value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am not easily pleased and normally avoid buffets like the plague. However, personal recommendation led me to Kingdom Newcastle, which being on top of the metro station at Haymarket is extremely easy to get to. The friend i was with likened it to Hong Kong style, and said that he had seen such places there. The decor is amazing, and is a taste of things to come. Foodwise, it is simply outstanding. We tucked in to Thai soup, beautifully hand made sushi, korean beef, chinese chilli and garlic pork, italian pizza, english turkey, french lambs tongues in a delicious cream sauce, mexican fajitas, crispy duck with pancakes, chinese curry chicken, japanese vegetables, and lots more besides. oh and we had about seven mini deserts. all for 15 pounds each. the alchohol is also very reasonably priced. stunning, simply stunning. if you are going, just remember to starve for a day prior. I did and my goodness it was worth the wait !

4 Thank veryhappy8
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Extremely disappointing, definitely would NOT recommend.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

After reading the restaurants website and the reviews on here I had high hopes, these were quickly abandoned. This restaurant has been listed twice on TA (see Kingdom Buffett) and had I read the other reviews I may not have been as keen.

My biggest issue was their definition of "vegetarian" as I saw lots of dishes claiming to be vegetarian but containing fish; sushi with crab sticks, soup with prawns etc. The first person I asked about this told me that was correct as his cousin is a veggie and eats fish. End of conversation.

The next person I spoke to was much more approachable and even got one of their chefs for me to talk to however they were again in the belief that fish is vegetarian. I'm not even convinced that they know what is in their food as he also tried to tell me some unidentified lumps were chicken, they were tofu. When I explained it he asked if it was some kind of cheese.

So that ruled out anything in a sauce as I couldn't work out what was in it, which was the majority of foods. The restaurant claims to be a world buffet, a better description would be a Chinese buffet trying to be different; it doesn't do this very well. It's about 80% Asian and what we had was bland and boring. The hot and sour soup was neither of these things, the egg custard tart would be better described as warm scrambled egg in a Yorkshire pudding and my meat eating friends told me the desserts were the same goo in different colours (I didn't bother asking about geletine and stuck to the pastries and ice cream). Apparently the meat dishes weren't very nice either.

The last thing I have to have a rant about is their love of signage; pay on entry, do not waste food as their will be a penalty payment, use handwash, watch your kids.... the list goes on!

The range offered is immense but I think restaurant has stretched itself too far and as a consequence mediocre at best. For the price (15.99 for a Friday evening) buffet you can get a lovely meal in many of Newcastle's city centre restaurants, or if you really want the buffet style stick to China town or Flavours as they do it better.

Won't be back, 0 out of 5!

3 Thank Travelling_Gem
Durham
“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Let's hope it lasts. Overall the selection and quality of food was excellent, the japanese section was outstanding. Wasn't too keen on the deserts and the moules marineres I wasn't too sure about 9looked like they had been kept warm for some time) but overall the quality wa sgood for a buffet with different cooks looking after different parts of the buffet. The kitchens are also on view. On the drinks side, reasoanbly priced altho the JHohn Smith's was overly gassy..... soon remedied with a glass of wine :-). Will go again.