“My new favourite restaurant”
Review of Kingdom World Buffet - CLOSED

Kingdom World Buffet
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: KINGDOM is a stunning new restaurant where for one price you can truly dine your way around the world.KINGDOM aim to provide you with the ultimate dining experience. Having sourced all the best dished from around the world and gathered them under one roof all for you to enjoy in beautiful and luxurious surroundings.Be amazed by the stunning live cooking stations as you watch their chefs take the finest ingredients and transform them into spectacular food before your eyes. From freshly made Japanese Sushi, Mexican Tacos, Fresh Seasfood, Spanish Paella, Chinese Dim Sum to Classic British Roast Meats and many many more!Compliment your meal with a specially selected range of beers, wine and cocktails from various countries.Finish off your meal with delicious desserts, cakes, ice cream and fresh fruit.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ended up in kingdom by accident. Had booked table for 8 people in nearby restaurant but as we hadn't received our main course after an hour and a half we walked out... Ended up in kingdom.

Was really surprised by the internal space as it gives the impression of being quite high end. The buffet area was beautifully laid out... My daughter commented that she felt like a 'kid in a sweet shop' lots of vegetarian choices too.

Make sure you don't fill up on the first station you come across! The desserts were fab.. Definately going back....

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my son who is 12 and loves buffets dined here and the choice was immense! The oriental food was the best by far...only critisism would be the 'king prawn' sweet n sour had no prawns left and was not topped up with prawns the whole time we were there...not good when we love seafood more than fish! Floor staff were fab though and very pleasant, would definately return :) p.s. Kids will absolutely love the ice cream counter where they can choses all their own toppings from m&ms to sprinkles!!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The selection is amazing, I've had a plate with some sushi, a taco, onion rings, Peking duck and slice of pizza. The ice cream bar is great too.

The food isn't the best, but for the choice it didn't phase me much.

Not a romantic place, but you don't expect a large buffet to be.

All the staff are very friendly, and I would definitely go again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was really disappointed by my visit to Kingdom last night as I'd read really great reviews on here. Unfortunately (for my son and I) it does NOT cater well for vegetarians. The meat eaters in my group of twenty were well catered for - my carnivorous partner LOVED the food and had 5 plates full. There seems to be a lot of seafood on offer and it was a popular choice for my party however this option isn't acceptable to a true veggie. I ended up with egg fried rice, curry sauce, veg samosas, a cube of hallomi cheese and a slice of pizza. Not really a meal worth £16.99. The signage was helpful as it points out known allergy info like contains shellfish or diary and if it's suitable for veggies but sadly it was missing from about half of the dishes. One of the veggie options - chinese vegetables - was in a bain marie alongside a squid dish. Only one spoon was provided for the two dishes, so I didn't bother trying this. To be fair to Kingdom there is a noodle bar where you can have freshly prepared noodles and some of the options were ok - but, again, that's some very expensive noodles if that's all you're eating.

Service was great from the lady who showed us to our seats and empty plates were regularly removed from the tables. There is a special offer on in December where if you book a table for 20 you get a free Gingerbread House. This is a lovely touch and the children in my group were thrilled at this. Wheelchair access to the place is good as there is a lift (in case anyone is wondering), although as it is self service a little help might be needed to actually access the food itself.

All in all, everyone had a nice time, certain members of by party ate loads so were happy, but I personally wouldn't organise another trip there again.

3  Thank lou t
Reviewed December 1, 2012

First off the price is great for the quality of the food I can't fault that, a wide range for dishes to choose from which is great.

The only problem I had was someone must have burnt something as my self and serveral other customers were coughing and choking from the smoke which was still there 15 minutes later when I want back for more food I'm guessing the extractor fans were not working. Im sure its not good practice to have your customers and some staff coughing around food.

It might be a wile before I return for seconds.

ElRonzo, Public Relations Manager at Kingdom World Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, the extractor situation in the cooking area has been brought to our attention. We are currently resolving the situation by building a new system inside, however, due to the large cooking areas this may take some time and food stations will still be available. We are sorry for any inconvenience.