“great city centre bar”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“great city centre bar”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited no 28 for the first time after being recommended by a friend.We loved the decor and the staff on duty that day were great.we had a sharing platter and enjoyed it very much.Next visit we will be trying one of the main courses of the menu which looked a good choice.All in all we enjoyed our visit and we will definitly return.

• Visited October 2013

“Hidden gem indeed”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food, cocktails and vibe...
A secret late night Saturday hangout too ...
Great music latebar til 3am and they don't even have a door charge ...
Kinda hope it doesn't get too well known....

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Paulywauly32
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“great food in lovely quirky bar”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Had some fantastic food in a very quirky bar while on a break to Newcastle. The food was excellent and was very reasonable. The bar was up some stairs just inside an entrance to Grainger market.
We will definitely visit this bar/bistro when we are next in Newcastle

3 Thank skevsy
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Hygiene issues. I watched him give a customer my dirty spoon.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I had been shopping in town and stopped off at No.28 for a bite to eat and a drink.

We shared a veggie platter and Spanish tortilla and had a drink each. The food was excellent, much nicer than I expected.

We won't be going back.

The reason for this is because of the attitude of the staff. My friend ripped her dress on a loose nail on a table, we informed a guy behind the bar (a stylish chap with several tattoos, one was a playing card on the inside of his wrist) and he came and had a look at the table, apologised and offered to pay for a new dress for my friend, or provide us with a free drink. We moved tables, he tucked the chairs back in where we were sat, where he had JUST felt the nail hanging from the table – so don’t sit there because he did nothing to rectify the problem. His lack of common sense isn’t the reason why. I would've still returned if this were the only incident.

The reason we won’t ever be returning is due of the lack of hygiene.

I had an espresso. We were paying to leave. The guy with the tattoo walked to our table and and picked up my used teaspoon, wiped the espresso remnants and put it on the strangers coffee (who was in the bathroom at the time) THAT SPOON HAD BEEN IN MY MOUTH!!!!!!!!! Luckily for the new customer I am disease free but the joker didn’t know that. The worst display of customer service I have seen in a long time. Absolutely disgusting. If he can do that and think its okay, what else is going on behind the scenes? This guy needs some training and if he is the owner he needs to sack himself.

I am still in shock. Wash your cutlery for god sake or, if you're running short, buy a few packs of spoons from Poundland. Don’t give customers dirty cutlery. Ever. Thats not okay.

That’s why were not going back.

Sharing dirty cutlery? No thanks, I'd rather get a dog meat pasty from Greggs.

2 Thank Worley5
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“New bar in town but average”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We (4 work colleagues) had an offer for sharing platter and a glass of fizzy wine. On arrival 2 of our party were already there and ordered their drinks. We arrived to be told they had no cold fizzy wine left but we could order from the cocktail menu. This was ok but there was only 4 or 5 choices . We ordered our food and decided to add a sandwich from the menu, these were on a 2 for 1 offer (not bad for a Friday night). The food didn't take too long to arrive but then we were the only people in the building. It tasted ok, lots to choose from and was hot. We also ordered another bottle of fizzy wine, still not cold but we took it anyway. The barman told us the cost (not cheap but ok). When we asked for the bill the additional sandwiches were charged at full price and the drinks had gone up by £8! Of course we complained and had the bill reduced without hassle but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I would go again but probably on a special offer coupon only.

1 Thank Pam C