“Not even slightly impressed”
Review of The French Oven

The French Oven
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Northumberland
“Not even slightly impressed”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We visited specially because of TA reviews...and sorry I didnt get it. The bread did look good but we wanted a quick snack so chose a couple of savory pastry slices...one chilli , one chicken curry. There was lots of pastry and not much filling. My chicken curry one was really a tiny bit of curry sauce in thick pastry...and slightly slimy...
Service was a bit off hand too

I wont rush back

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank boppsey

“Truly Personal Service”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

When I plan to stop by the French Oven, I just give them a direct message in Twitter to see whether they have exactly what I'm looking for, or just what are the options, or even to order something special to collect. By a chosen time of the day it's going to be right there waiting for me, always fresh'n'tasty. They are awesome, totally recommend!

• Visited March 2014
“Oo la la”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I've visited this place since it opened & always recommend it to my friends. The food is varied including bakery classics & more unique options. The savoury pies & breads are usually my treat, whereas my partner can never say no to their macaroons. There's always something for everyone here.

1 Thank Bell-Clark
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Love the place”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The French Oven is simply brilliant. The pastries, the cakes, the bread - all tasty, great value and the service is spot on. You just have to go to see for yourself, I've never had a bad item from them.I think they are linked to Oliver's, which is a bistro just opposite and that is also a great place to get some quality local food at great value.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great value and great produce”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Often visited here instead of Greggs for lunch, the food is fresh and much tastier than high street alternatives. There's usually an offer on something sweet, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Love their Cornish pasties!