“Lunch and coffee” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garden Kitchen

Garden Kitchen
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brussels, Belgium
“Lunch and coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Good location inside Eldon Square in Newcastle upon Tyne, calm atmosphere, good food, drink selection and coffee - and friendly and service minded staff.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Just misses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Good food, easy wifi, friendly staff (on the whole). Problem is that when the manager is not on site, the overall surveying of the floor to ensure customers are getting served and looked after promptly, quickly diminishes.
Food frequently not hot.
opens from 8am but doesnt do ckked brakfasts til 9. last visit I asked if i could have toast or toasted tea-cake and told not until 9! asked oif wiater could let me know when I could order. He never came over.
Small things I appreciate but it makes the difference; there is a lot of competition in Newcaste.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Eventually a normal lunch - gluten free style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have passed here many times but never actually stopped to try it, until today! My daughter and I often spend Saturdays together shopping & catching up & always loved going to a cafe for a cuppa & lunch. However since my daughter has had to follow a gluten free diet it has been a lot more difficult to find places to go - especially for a decent sandwich or something other than a salad. When we read the menu we were delighted to see that she could order any sandwich in gluten free bread - hesitant at first (anyone who has tried gluten free bread will understand how awful it is) but decided to take the plunge & it was so worth it. We mentioned it to the staff who were very knowledgable and even told us that the fries were also gluten free & that they also always have at least one gluten free cake available too. We both ordered the BLT sandwich, mine on normal bloomer & my daughters in gluten free bread, I then asked for a side of fries - purley because they were gluten free. When they arrived, the look fab! My daughter had two soft & tasty white rolls, that look like soft ciabatta & mine was staked two stories high. The bacon was crispy and came with a sort of mayo/coleslaw sauce & a side of homemade coleslaw. I order a pot of english tea & my daughter just a water with ice. For the two drinks, the two sandwiches & a side it came to £18.60 in total and the staff were very polite & friendly too. It made such a nice change to be able to have a normal lunch with daughter and something we will certainly be doing more often!

newcastle
“Hidden Treasure....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've been a couple of times now to Garden Kitchen and have not been disappointed. The service and food are both very good and incredible value for money. The sharing picnics are my favourite and change on a regular basis so something different for the regular diners. I would definitely recommend and will be returning myself very soon.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Eclectic menu and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

On my second visit here I was not disappointed. Service excels and the menu has a wide variety of choice at various price levels including a small lunch banquet style for 4 with a taste of various items including wine - great idea! When in Newcastle I would choose Garden Kitchen each time

• Visited April 2014