“Excellent rooms and excellent staff.”

Roomzzz Newcastle City
“Excellent rooms and excellent staff.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here several times, in the Liberty suites and the penthouse. We've never been disappointed with our stay. The rooms are well appointed and have plenty of character and space. Staff have always been helpful and polite, special mention to Mark on reception who went out of his way to change our room at short request on Valentine's Day to one we'd previously enjoyed, and had even gone to the trouble of carrying our bags to our room. Highly recommended. Our top pick in Newcasstle.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tuffgong08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Spacious and clean boutique apartment-hotel in the heart of Newcastle at a very reasonable price. Very quiet area and very close to the main train station. It is such a shame that there is no sitting areas to entertain non paying guests after 10pm near the reception/ entrance. Staff are attentive and accommodating. Thanks to Cara and Mark for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reading, Berkshire
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I often stay away in Newcastle for Business, and this was the first time that I had stayed in an apart hotel, and really enjoyed my stay.

Upon arrival I was met with a lovely young receptionist who was very professional and helpful. I was given a room in the basement, which meant that you didn't have much natural light - however As i was staying in november, and just for the night - not a lot would be seen anyway.

The room was very big and had everything you would need. It had a dining area, lounge area, desk working area also the kitchenette. The bedroom was up a couple of steps and was roomy. The bed was large and very comfortable.

I could not fault the room or service at all.

There was a fridge in reception that you could purchase food to cook in your apartment for dinner. Breakfast was continental and again was in reception for you to collect and then take to your room to eat. Personally i missed having a nice cooked breakfast which normally then lasts me the day.

The location of this hotel is good. Its around a 10 minute walk from the station and city centre. You need to look at the map to get there as you need to turn right out of the station, right road on the left to the end and then left again, walk around 5 minutes and its there in front of you. Its still central but away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

In all I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I loved the basement room i had, as really roomy, however wasn't great for natural daylight if n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
suffolk
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was my first time using an aparthotel and the experience was really good. Roomzzz staff were outstanding and the quality and cleanliness of the room and all its facilities were excellent.
the room was equipped really well with microwave, oven and hob, comfortable seating in the lounge, good bedroom and small but great walk in shower and en suite. The location is great, within walking distance of the shops and The Herb Garden restaurant close by was worth a visit. Parking is a bit of a challenge, as it is in all major cities. There are essential supplies available in reception area, milk, ice cream :), ready meal.... and a good grab and go coffee and croissant in the morning if you can't be bothered to make your own breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gjcm
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My Family and I stayed for 2 nights, the apartment was large, very clean, comfortable. My Mum said that she did not want to go out when she saw her apartment. It was quiet to other parts of Newcastle, you could possibly hear the occasional train, but that is much better than the party goers at 2am, as it is a bit (a few minutes walk) out of the way, it is so much quieter than other places in town. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
England
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and i stayed here on 03/01/2014 and stayed in the Grande Studio suite in the basement. The room was exceptional with beautiful decor and very clean. We booked direct via the Roomzzzz website and got the best deal, we payed only £63. The location was ideal and was within walking distance to shops and restaurants. There is no onsite parking but we parked at the metered spaces under the bridge right outside, it was only £1 per hour (maximum 2 hours) and no charge between 5pm and 8am so essentially free overnight parking!

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Free wifi! ask at reception for password!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was my second stay at Roomzzz Newcastle. Like last time, the apartment itself was great - spacious, nicely decorated and with a modern feel. I was in the basement but that didn't matter as the apartment was so nice and I was out during daylight hours in any case. The receptionists were extremely helpful, and I liked the grab and go breakfast, which was all I need at that time of day. But like last time, the soundproofing was a real issue. I had work commitments in Newcastle meaning I needed early nights and early mornings. I didn't have a single good night's sleep due to people talking and moving about in the upstairs flat. I don't think they were being especially noisy, so it wouldn't have been fair to ask them to stop talking as soon as 10.30 came around, but the soundproofing is so poor that I couldn't help but be disturbed. Sadly, I won't be going back. I regret this as everything else - location, space, friendliness of staff etc. is fantastic and just what I'm looking for - but I ended the week exhausted because of lack of sleep. What a pity.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business