Roomzzz Newcastle City
$66
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
$88
$73
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$96
$80
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$93
$77
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$67
$56
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$95
$91
Hotels.com
$80
$68
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$100
$90
All reviewsliberty suitegrab and gothe penthousemaxima suitetrain stationfully fitted kitchendining tablecity centreapartment hotelfull kitchenseparate bedroombedroom areaamazing roomthese apartmentslovely buildingunderfloor heatingcoffee machine
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. It is quite easy tofind as its just behind Central Station.There is no noise from the railway! Check-in was easy. The girl on reception was very helpful. Our room was on the 1st floor. The rooms are fantastic! Its like a studio flat. There is a kitchen, which was very clean. Up a step was the bedroom, with the comfiest bed ive ever stayed in! A fab bathroom with an amazing shower. Once again, very, very clean. I signed up for a loyalty card, as we often like a night out in Newcastle, and got 20% off the room total! Complimentary breakfast available the next morning. We just went downstairs and helped ourselves, and brought it back up to the room, and watched tv in bed! Definately stay here. We loved it and cant wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms are designed differently. So look on website and pick your favourite. Prices differ depending which room you want
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'd stayed in Roomzzz in Manchester a couple of times before, and my company booked me here for a week's stay in Newcastle. I told the receptionist when I booked in that they had to beat Manchester branch, and she said they'd try. They didn't need to try hard.

I was in room 103, on the ground floor. Entering the apartment I was confronted with a large living area with armchairs, a dining table and chairs and a well-appointed kitchen with an actual stove and oven (as opposed to just a microwave I've had to deal with in the past) Stairs led down to the large double bedroom with en-suite and walk-in wardrobe. A large falt screen TV upstairs and another down in the bedroom. I was impressed.

The lounge TV didn't have Film on Four, though the downstairs one did. No matter. By the time I was ready to watch a film I was probably going to be on the bed anyway, but I mentioned it in passing to the receptionist on my way out the first morning. She greeted me by name that evening and told me the problem had been fixed. usually in hotels like this trivial issues are ignored. I was impressed again.

You're not going to stay here for the view, but it is a few minutes walk from the station in a quiet back road.

If I have any complaint, it's about the pots and pans. In their youth they were non-stick, but life has not been easy on them, and now they stick to food more tenaciously than a three-year-old. When I mentioned this to the receptionist she said they had new pots and pans on order and offered to go look to see if any had already arrived. as this was before my penultimate meal I declined. Sticky frying pans would not be my problem after that night, but it's good to know that on my return I can fry a Full English conscience free.

All in all a surprisingly good stay.

Room Tip: wifi iffy in room 103 (6th time trying to post this review)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in mid September with my partner, as mentioned several times already, just a 5 minute walk from the train station, situated on a cobbled road behind the train viaduct, near the casino.
Room was large, modern, clean and well equipped. We were allocated the downstairs front room,

Value for the room per night was also good, however hotel rooms in Newcastle during the week seem to be competitive across the board.

As the building has limited space, there is no breakfast area per se, just a coffee machine, small fridge, and small selection of bread type rolls in the morning to have on "the go" which was a slight disappointment.

The reason I have overall scored it 3/5 is, each and every morning, at the same time, circa 7am, there was a loud and continual noise from the corridor area outside the room, very much like day shift staff / cleaners arriving / getting ready, and not having due consideration of customers who are on a break and trying to relax.
As well as, due to being close to the train station, you do hear the trains going by, so as mentioned by other customers, additional soundproofing would be advantageous.

Would I go back ? very much undecided.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank standfreekev
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Completely endorse what other reviewers have said, even down to the fire alarm going off early on Sunday morning! I was also woken a couple of times by footsteps in the room above (soundproofing issue?), also twice by running water caused by another guest flooding the wetroom (!) two floors above us in the middle of the night. I have marked the sleep quality score down because of the soundproofing issue, not due to the thoughtless guest. The staff were highly professional and efficient. We had a room in the semi-basement with no view and which was a little on the dark side, but we were out all day so really weren't bothered. Highly recommended. I don't like the name Roomzz though-makes it sound more down-market than it actually is!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Such good value - beautifully fitted, immaculate room on two levels. Great quirky converted building. Everything we could have wished for. Reception very friendly and professional. Good location, 5 mins from city centre. Hoping the Leeds version is as good! Would recommend 100%

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple