“Great cafe in not so visited part of Newcastle”

Cafe from Crisis Newcastle
Ranked #404 of 1,303 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: Café from Crisis offers a stepping stone towards secure employment for people affected by homelessness,in the catering industry. We try to create an enabling, fun, warm environment for our trainees that is supportive and encouraging and helps build up self-esteem - while serving our customers fresh, healthy food to make them feel good.
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know this cafe existed. Attending a conference at this part of the city, I needed to find somewhere for light breakfast. The Skylight is a social enterprise providing training and employment for homeless people and ex offenders.This description might put some people off.Don't let it. This is a great place to eat. I had an enormous and extremely tasty bacon roll. Beautifully cooked and served. I also had coffee that was at least as good as the Costars. The place itself is very attractive and extremely clean and clearly well run. I saw somebody having a full breakfast and it looked amazing. They also have free WiFi which I am currently using to post this review. Only bad thing is that it isn't open on Saturdays. Highly reccomended.

2  Thank chrisbarker344

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Found this place last year when I started working nearby. It is fabulous. The food is better than you think. Great selection and all the staff are very accommodating. Great location for lunch and a coffee.

4  Thank Splodge48