“Saleem's got it sussed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kamal Restaurant

Kamal Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kamal Restaurant is set in the heart of the culturally vibrant Arthurs hill area, and it has provided top quality Asian cuisine using authentic methods of cooking for the past 22 years. the restaurant has a bring your own drinks policy allowing you to enjoy your evening with your preffered selection of beers or wines. why not visit the Kamal, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the sensational food provided by highly experienced chefs, served to you by friendly and professional waiters. come along and let us take care of your evening whether it be with friends or family.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Saleem's got it sussed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Visited this evening for the first time and selected two of the recommended dishes from the chef's specialties and were very pleased we did so. They were delicious. All of the food was superb and we'll certainly be returning soon. Must also mention the efficient, friendly and smiley waiters.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank BrianJulieSue

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere,good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Visited this restaurant after seeing someone recommend it on TA.It.s a nice+clean restaurant!the staff are absolutely lovely and the food is very good.

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Fabulous food, great service and brilliant value! We love this restaurant so much we get cravings and have to visit every week!!

“Excellent scran”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We visited Kamal for the first time last week and have already made a return visit. We frequently enjoy a curry but our usual places have been disappointing lately. There are many dishes on the menu that we have not tried before as well as old favourites. The staff are very welcoming treating us like old friends. They are helpful but not intrusive, giving us plenty of time to make our choices but once we had we were served quickly and efficiently with the most mouthwatering food we have tasted in a long while. If you are visiting Newcastle with its vast choice of restaurants choose this little gem and you will not be disapointed .

3 Thank Ray F
“I've died and gone to Fenham...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I first went to Kamal's with a Newcastle friend who said how good it was.Being from London and tripadvisor not existing back then I really had no choice.In we went and were sat at the back with a light fitting hanging perilously off the wall complete with peeling wallpaper.The carpets were worn and faded but the place was packed.After 10 minutes waiting for menus I suggested we leave.Luckily we didn't.That was 10 years ago.
Since then,each time I visit my Newcastle friend a trip to Kamals is a must.The food is quite simply the best I've ever eaten and I speak as someone who has been frequenting curryhouses for over 40 years.On my last visit I was surprised to see that the place has been overhauled.New smart chairs,a polished wood floor and tableware and lighting that wouldn't look out of place on the set of Hollyoaks.All rather worrying.I shouldn't have been concerned.The food as ever was spectacular.The chutneys,rice,wonderful rotis,naans as good as ever,the tandoori meats perfectly succulent,the curries in their wonderfully spiced thick gravies.Poppadums fresh and light.Faultless,as was the service from our smiling waiter Sadal.The restaurant is BYO so not even concerns about prohibitive alcohol expense - there's a decent off licence 50 yards away.If I could give this place 10 stars I would in a heartbeat but 5 is all I'm allowed here.If you love curry this place is a must.Go,and you will return for the rest of your days.Well done indeed!

1 Thank Linton C