“Very good food - recommended!”
Review of Kamal Restaurant

Kamal Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani, Balti
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Kamal Restaurant is set in the heart of the culturally vibrant Arthurs hill area, and it has provided top quality Asian cuisine using authentic methods of cooking for the past 22 years. the restaurant has a bring your own drinks policy allowing you to enjoy your evening with your preffered selection of beers or wines. why not visit the Kamal, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the sensational food provided by highly experienced chefs, served to you by friendly and professional waiters. come along and let us take care of your evening whether it be with friends or family.
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a take away from here on our visit to see friends nearby. Can honestly say that I cannot fault the food on quality. Very good. We had to wait a bit for the order however considering it was quite busy I think this is acceptable. The tandoori starters were succulent and the king prawn jalfrezi delicious. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

What an amazing restaurant. I'm picky about my curries (we have a lot to choose from in London), but this is an A1 place to eat. Not only is the food fabulous, the service is fantastically polite and helpful. A little out of town, but most certainly worth the trip. Decor is excellent, right down to the bathrooms.

The Kamal hasn't an alcohol licence (bring your own).

Reviewed October 16, 2013

As far as I know, Kamal Balti House has been separated from original Komal Balti House.
Change of management, chefs, staffs means this place is not the same venue as 2-3 years ago.

(Correct me if I were wrong…)

I tried their Balti other day and it wasn’t the same dish as it used to be. I was somewhat disappointed.

1  Thank Rytonboyo
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have frequented the Komals in Jesmond many times, but this was our first time in the Fenham restaurant. The staff were friendly and chatty, we asked various questions about the cuisine and they were more than happy to entertain us. The food was splendid, I'm a big fan of this place and will be back soon!

1  Thank oodavid
Reviewed October 3, 2013

4 of us went out for a curry here on a wednesday night and we were all extremely satisfied with our food.

I ordered a Lamb Tikka Karai which was incredible, the meat was succulent and the flavour combinations blew me away. The naans were big, light and fluffy - a great accompaniment for a saucy curry.

The waiters were all really friendly as well, willing to spend some time at our table striking up conversation about the area.

Overall a really great curry which didnt leave a whole in the wallet. Would highly recommend for anyone who is looking for a BYOB curry in Newcastle but doesnt want to spend over £10