“Some good, some bad..”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kamal Restaurant

Kamal Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kamal Restaurant is set in the heart of the culturally vibrant Arthurs hill area, and it has provided top quality Asian cuisine using authentic methods of cooking for the past 22 years. the restaurant has a bring your own drinks policy allowing you to enjoy your evening with your preffered selection of beers or wines. why not visit the Kamal, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the sensational food provided by highly experienced chefs, served to you by friendly and professional waiters. come along and let us take care of your evening whether it be with friends or family.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Some good, some bad..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went here on a Saturday evening.

We did not have a reservation, so we were told that we would have to wait 10-15 minutes, which was OK with us.

We headed off to the local off-license, got some booze and came back.

After waiting 30 minutes, it was apparent that we had been forgotten despite we were in the waiting area and I was doing my best to look as hungry as I possibly could.

We were seated, orders were taken.

poppadoms were good, the deep fried varied rather than the dry fried ones.

Starters were OK. Mixed pakoras and samosas I liked. OH had the lamb chops, she said they were tough (mutton rather than lamb perhaps?).

Waiting for mains, I get told that there were no king prawns left. Hold on, I ordered these an hour ago and your only just telling me?.. Something tells me a regular customer got the priority here!

My balti (with regular rather than king prawns) was good. I liked it, although it was a bit hotter than I was expecting.

OH had some chicken dish, she thought it was over spiced, there was something in there that was basically killing all the flavours.

Have to say, Kamal does the best naan bread I have ever eaten, they were just awesome.

Staff were very good, friendly, and not overly attentive.

I'd have given it a 3 1/2 if possible. It was above average.

I'd go back if I get to Newcastle again.

2 Thank Adriang68

Hexham, United Kingdom
“BEST INDIANS WE'VE HAD IN NEWCASTLE HANDS DOWN !!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I decided to visit kamal's on Saturday evening with my family for 8 people.
We got there for 7.30pm and where kindly introduced into the restaurant by a member of staff.
We waited around 3-4 minutes until taken to a rather nice large table.
We were asked what drinks we'd like and if we wanted poppodoms which where lovely.

We then had our starters and mains which where amazing especially the chefs choice, and did not have to wait long for the food. We where that full no one had room for deserts so a few of us took some deserts home.

Food was amazing and so where the staff and service was incredible.

Only place I’m going for my Indians from now

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Kamal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was a few years back 2001 to be exact when I went to this place, I worked in Newcastle for 18 months and my b&b was round the corner from the Kamal, the place actually opened about 2 months after I started working in Newcastle, it was just 2 terraced houses knocked into 1, it's obviously been done up since then. The food was great back then, I used to sit in or take it back to my room, considering I had came to Newcastle after working in London, about 5 minutes walk from Brick Lane, and before that I had worked in the Midlands, I had very high standards to compare it to, and the Kamal compared very favourably, great to see it has gone from strength to strength.

• Visited June 2012
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“New to the area,we have found our new Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are originaly from the midlands and have been raised on on quality balti meals, having spent the last 5 years in Bristol it wad a joy to rediscover proper balti cuisine.
We both had chicken tikka balti and coriander nan-Lush!

• Visited May 2013
“Really, really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Even though it is a drive away, this is our favourite take-away, it really is good. We always go for one of the Chef Specials and are never let down. Quite often when we have guests we get this take away and every one loves it commenting that it is one of the best Indian foods they've had. Been to the restaurant a few times, which is fine and it is good that you can bring a bottle. It does lack a bit of atmosphere but that probably because we go early with our little boy.