“Lovely Food and Great Laid-back Atmosphere.”
Review of Teasy Does It

Teasy Does It
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bakery - Custom cakes for all occasions, cake pops, sweet treats, cupcakes, traybakes. Hand made decorations. All flavours of cakes. Events, corporate, birthdays, children's cakes, engagement and wedding cakes. Brownies a speciality. Fruit pies and catering for buffets and cake tables on request.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Food is always great here, Simple Ingredients, great quality. I spent my maternity leave in here! Food is very reasonably priced, and the homemade cake for after's is always delicious. A must visit if your in Heaton. Staff are always very friendly.

1  Thank Carolpiggybank84

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have been here for breakfast a few times now and have never been disappointed, great tea, homemade hash browns and beans, couldn't ask for more. Great value for money, full English only £5.95 a great range of traditional and more unusual breakfasts, would highly recommend! We are becoming regulars to this little gem :)

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I came here a few weeks ago and the food was tasteless, and nothing special. We could see the rubbish in the kitchen and it it looked like a students kitchen. The cafe itself was smokey becuase they musn't have any ventilation. I came away smelling like chip fat and I could smell it on myself on the way home. Totally disgusting. I will not go back which is a shame becuase I really liked their selection of teas.

5  Thank Laura C
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I recently went into Teasy Does It expecting good things from what my friends have told me, however I was bitterly disappointed in nearly every aspect of my visit. There were only 3 other tables, 1 being active (i.e. awaiting food and drink) in the place so it wasn't exactly at capacity.

I ordered the creamy mushrooms and tomato with sausage on toast and my friend had a sausage sandwich and a mochaccino, with a bowl of wedges to share. After a good 15 minutes, the ("large") cup of mochaccino arrived and was very bitter without a hint of chocolate, probably due to bad quality beans. I'd say it could be due to the chocolate but I don't think there was any in it. 30 minutes later, the food arrived. While not the most technically complicated dishes, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the wedges , but they were tasteless and bland. Unfortunately neither the watered down sweet chilli sauce or sour cream helped them, however a bit of salt and pepper gave them some much needed flavour.

The 1 and a half sausage sandwich was served on seemingly stale, toasted bread and while the sausage was nice, the fundamental sandwich part of it let it down. Similarly my creamy mushroom dish was nice but just a bit lacking in flavour and disappointing for £4.50.

While I understand that the cafe goes for an easy going and relaxed atmosphere, I think it just goes a bit too far. Casting my eye into the kitchen area, the chef (assuming she was one) looked like she just rolled out of bed in what she was wearing and into the kitchen, and there just didn't seem to be any care for professionalism. While not directly related to the bad atmosphere, but still a contributing factor, was the music. The chirpiest song I heard was Devendra Banhart - Little Yellow Spider, but that was the only one, just a few more upbeat songs to give the place some life would have been better.

Overall, it was an extremely underwhelming experience and I will not be going back, if you want to go, chillout with a cup of herbal tea in a secluded section of heaton then it's probably perfect. However if you're looking for somewhere with a bit of life, a bit of excitement and passion! I highly recommend anywhere else.

4  Thank SimonsidePJ
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visted again and found the place was better than ever. I especially like the laid back feel, lots of newspapers to browse and an excellent selection of seond hand books to peruse and to buy. Now the students have discovered it, it is more bustling which is great. Very good value for money e.g today had a veggie breakfast-small- a coffee and a home made scone with jam and cream, all for £7.50! Lots of choice of snacks, sarnies, breakfasts around the fiver mark or below. Good for veggies and carnivores too. Also home made cakes and tea by the Quilliam brothers. Open early too and also open on Sundays.