“Best sushi place in town”

Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you are a sushi lover, I would definitely recommend! Loads of choice and very tasty. I will be back!

1  Thank Rachelh92

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend absolutely love this place - we go there once a month as our treat after the payday. Great cosy atmosphere, lovely interiors, amazing food. It's really good value if you go during the day before 4pm - £10.90pp, in the evening it's a bit more expensive - almost £20pp but still worth it as you get salted tuna and cooked seabass, plus more choice of hot food. I mostly go there for a vast range of sushi, chicken hearts on a skewer and creme brulee. My boyfriend enjoys sushi and lots of other hot foods. The only tiny downside is that because staff are so not in your face, it's sometimes hard to get their attention but that's a small minus in my eyes. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Inga L
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We have just got back from here and I have to say it is probably the worst buffet we have ever been to. Bland food, Luke warm and no variety. I was expecting some Japanese authenticity but instead got cheap, over cooked, fatty Chinese buffet style food.

If you want a buffet go to zaza's, if you want proper Japanese food to elsewhere!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

After visiting the city's various Asian restaurants offering buffet deals I was a bit dubious but was blown away at the quality of food offered by Tenji.
The selection was impressive both with cold and hot food, I feel a 2nd visit is necessary to really get a chance to sample everything!
As a vegetarian, I asked the waiter to point out any vegetarian dishes as some weren't clearly labelled. He pointed them out then went to the kitchens and returned with a plate of specially made vegetarian sushi which I really appreciated and felt was incredibly thoughtful of the chefs.
The place is well decorated, which does strike a stark difference between the interior and exterior of the building.
We took advantage of the drinks deal and definitely felt the whole meal was great value. I have recommended to many people and am already planning my next visit.

2  Thank SarahMary G
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Good that to see more sushi variety, but both prawn and mussels quality has dropped. Overall, still a good place to go once in a while.