The Keelman's Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Newcastle upon Tyne
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Close House Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Newcastle Rooms(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Travelodge Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
Metro Inns Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
All reviewsbig lamphadrian's wall walkmicro brewerycountry parkseparate buildingnice place to stayplenty of hot watercomfortable roomthree nightscomfortable stayone night stayaccommodationwallsendtynenewcastletlcbath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I did not stay in the hotel but I do want to make a comment about the Sunday dinners. I have had Sunday dinner at the Keelman on and off for the last few years. I always returned because of the high quality if their dinners. However, this view had changed since my visit yesterday. The food was slightly warm, roast potatoes burnt, gravey which was always tasty, was served tasteless and watery, portions smaller. Over all for paying £8.50ish a meal for the family, I would rate it no better than a Wetherspoons dinner which is nearly half then price. I will not be returning for a meal as the standards have definitely dropped and over priced for the standard they are serving. This is very disappointing to me as it was a favourite of my family and I.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Agmcnichol
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We visited the Keelman Lodge for a family function and stayed the night , having travelled a long way to get there. The room was large, attractive, clean, warm and comfortable, with an immaculate en-suite bathroom and the best shower ever. There was even a selection of biscuits, tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the room for us. Breakfast wasn't included in the price, alas -probably our only complaint - but it was reasonably priced and very tasty.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had the chicken, bacon and leek dumpling which I enjoyed but did not really recognise from the description on the menu. The staff are helpful and I did not mind that the service was a bit slow as there were a lot of diners as it was near to Xmas.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been to the Big Lamp brewery before and stayed B+B so when I needed to travel to Newcastle/Wallsend I booked 1 night B+B this time staying in the Keelman's Lodge room 8.
I could have had Xmas dinner but that evening after seeing relatives I drank 4 different half pints - my favourite was the Prince Bishop. The breakfast I had at 08:00 was excellent. 2 wonderful sausages, bacon, beans, black pudding and a fried egg with as much coffee as I wanted. The service was excellent, however, twice after midnight my sleep was disturbed by people coming in. One person banged the door at 2 am. The room was very good and I especially enjoyed the shower, and the bed had a firm mattress. I would recommend this place, great to explore Northumberland. I just hope you get quiet neighbours!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My son and I stayed here one night walking the Hadrian Wall. The food was good. It's a nice lodge. The room was not very modern. No wifi in the room, in the lodge it didn't work. Also the television didn't work. But I slept well there and that is important. And I haven't seen much alternatives.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family