“Great for an overnight stay for a concert”

Jurys Inn Newcastle
“Great for an overnight stay for a concert”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here when taking my niece to a One Direction at the Stadium of Light, Was perfect for that. This was booked as part of a package so cannot really comment on value,,The rooms were ok for the 2 of us with a double and a single bed. View of a car park but you don't expect a city centre hotel to have a good view. The roo was clean and plenty of tea and coffee,,,,,On the plus side the CUPS FOR THE TEA AND COFFEE WERE OF A GOOD SIZE where normally,you get thimble sizes cups. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. Did not have a plug for the sink, but for a 1 night I was not going to complain. Breakfast was good with plenty of tables so no waiting to get a seat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OpsManager_JurysInn, Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, our housekeeping manager prides herself on our exceptionally clean rooms so I will ensure she gets to read your comments. Im pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary tea and coffee in the room.

I hope you enjoyed the one direction concert and hope you visit us again for your next event.

Kind Regards
Thomas Carter
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Finnish first
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed for one night with business but unfortunately the room I was given had a bathroom that stank of urine. When I complained I was offered an air freshener! I asked to be moved and was told they were full and agreed that the bathroom would be cleaned while I had dinner. When i returned to my room the smell was as bad and had now seeped into the bedroom as the bathroom door had been left open.

The manager left me in the reception for over an hour while he dealt with two seperate people that had made a reservation but as the hotel had double booked there was no room for them.

Eventually I was moved to another hotel at 11pm, not great when I had work the next day!

I was not happy with the way the manager dealt with my complaint and I wont be returning

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Plumtious
G_TaylorNewcastle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Plumtious,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Jurys Inn Newcastle upon Tyne.

I have contacted you direct in order to discuss this matter further, I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards
Newcastle
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the night as we were having treatment at the centre for life the following day. Our room was facing the front entrance very quiet, lovely comfortable bed nice spacious room very clean, pleasant staff definitely would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jools,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Jurys Inn Newcastle upon Tyne. It's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that our location and facilities are well-suited to your needs.

It is always very rewarding to hear directly from our valued guests when our efforts have been recognised, and I have shared your kind comments with the team, who are delighted to have made such a good impression.

Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was there 4 nights in total. 2 nights for business then I extended my stay for 2 leisure nights. The 2 business nights, I was referred to by name, everyone was nice and service was great. THEN I switched to my 2 personal nights. My card kept locking me out (when I went downstairs one time, I was made to wait an unnecessarily long time to get it sorted). My room was not cleaned during my 2 personal nights. I was on a floor full of stag and hen parties (who had kids with them?!). I was surprised to find out my quite high rate did NOT include breakfast although I asked when I checked in and was told it did. Each time I spoke to staff (always politely) I felt like I was either being fobbed off or they couldnt be bothered to take the time with me. On the positive side, it is in a great location, nice big room with a functional bathroom, decent breakfast and close to Newcastle Central. Will I use it again ( I am up fortnightly) only if nothing else was available.

Room Tip: Go above level 4, the lower floors are used for hen and stag parties.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank whitechapelmack
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We booked into this hotel as it was situated perfectly for visiting my daughter, our room was on the 7th floor and right next to the roof of a building with a large air conditioning which made noise all night, upon entering the room the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming and was particularly in the bathroom where i can only assume the previous occupants had been smoking, the sound proofing is non existant as i woke up at 7am joining in a game of hide and seek which was going on in the room next door. On a plus point the shower was great and extremely powerful unfortunatly the bath was blocked and was filling up rapidly as i took a shower, if i was staying for longer than an overnight stay i would have taken these issues up with the management, the hotel all in all is nice and im sure there are nicer rooms but more care and checks need to be given to all rooms

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Bridget M
Dear Bridget,

I am sorry that you experienced some difficulties during your stay with us. We have a 24-hour Duty Manager who is happy to respond to any and all queries, no matter the time of day; in future, please feel free to utilise this service so that we can resolve any issues to your satisfaction whilst you are still in-house.

Kind Regards
Lavenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Good standard of hotel within walking distance of city centre. Very clean and good overall facilities. Staff are friendly and helpful. Restaurant served nice food, £17.95 for two courses and £4 for a pint of guiness so not cheap. No draft bitters either in common with most modetn chain hotels these days :(
Free wifi across all the hotel was also a plus for me. Only two negative points to mention. When I arrived I asked if I needed to book a table but was told not to worry as restaurant wasn't busy. When I went down shortly afterwards was told no tables free and had to wait about 15 mins for a table to come free. Then had to wait another 25 minutes for some soup! After that though service was good. Also no car parking on site, I used the car park reccomended on the website and paid £8 for 24 hours parking in the lower part of a site which appeared to be mainly a car wash/ sales site. People on site were friendly enough but site doesn't give great first impression. There is a modern multistorey opposite the hotel but no idea how that compares in price etc.
Would probably stay again

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a friends hen. The hotel was a fab location for getting around. Hotel staff were great. Think they could see we were not a group of hooligans. They helped us with taxis etc. the rooms were lovely and clean with fresh towels daily.

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle upon Tyne
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Ci...
#17 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,142 reviews
Royal Station Hotel
Royal Station Hotel
#27 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,788 reviews
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hote...
#22 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,350 reviews
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,163 reviews

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle? Share your experiences!