“Good value but can be noisy”

Jurys Inn Newcastle
London
“Good value but can be noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Can't fault the hotel - 2m from Central station, clean, tidy, pleasant, bathroom amenities all decent etc. Staff also friendly and conference rooms adequate.

Only problem is it is popular with stag and hen parties and hence can be extremely noisy. Sadly my second night I had a terrible night's sleep but of course the hotel isn't responsible for this.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ann_Bright, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Newcastle. Like most city centre hotels we do welcome many weekend leisure guests. Our security and night teams work tirelessly to ensure noise from these leisure guests is kept to a minimum to prevent other guests being disturbed. It's disapointing to read that your stay was affected in this way resulting in you having a disturbed second night with us and offer my sincere apologies for this.

The next time you are visiting Newcastle please feel free to contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com and I will ensure you are looked after during your visit.

Kind Regards
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times now. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I would suggest you always required for higher floors as there is a busy road next to the hotel. All of Newcastle city centre is within 20mins walk from the hotel and the mainline railway station is less than 5mins away.

• Stayed August 2013
Ann_Bright, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Newcastle. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed for the Bank Holiday weekend with the girls for my birthday and have got to say was by far the best trip i've ever had. The hotel was very clean and the staff were lovely. The hotel was very close to the local nightlife and were very helpful with any problems we had. Only fault i would say is that we were given a room on the 7th floor and it was very very warm due to rising heat.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Newcastle. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel were both positive aspects of your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

So far the best value hotel on my round trip of UK . Definitely well worth a visit. Exceptionally clean rooms. Fabulous attitude by staff. Clean, quiet and handy for station and city centre. Going to try the one in Manchester tonight if they have room vacancies . Recommend it. Mike Yeomans

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Newcastle. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend the hotel to others.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Staying overnight prior to riding to London the next day. Was a little worried how noisy it was going to be since there appeared to be several Stag/Hen parties staying there. Nothing to worry about. Breakfast next morning was excellent. Overall service could not be criticised. Excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with Jurys Inn Newcastle. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a peaceful visit.

The next time you are visiting Newcastle please feel free to contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com and I will ensure you are looked after.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were here for a stag and was pretty much perfect for what we needed. Great location and walking distance for a lot of the nightlife in the city.

The hotel itself was what you would expect from a Jurys Inn. Clean, comfortable, and perfectly pleasant.

The only warning I would make is that on the weekend the hotel is pretty much taken over by hens and stags. I am sure it is fine for business and pleasure during the week - but at the weekend it is very loud until 4 or 5 in the morning. Not an issue for us as we were a stag party - but might be for others.

A very good stay was had by all the party - no complaints.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with Jurys Inn Newcastle. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms to be both clean and comfortable.

Whilst I appreciate we have many stag and hen parties in the hotel during the weekend, I would point out our reception team work hard to ensure people not part of a weekend leisure group are allocated rooms on floors away from these guests to ensure they are not disturbed by noise.

Huntly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Lovely welcome, helpful staff kept our luggage while we went to park at guest car park across the road. We stayed on 7th floor and loved the room, the bathroom was huge, and everything was so so clean. Thank you. Food was lovely, we ate in restaurant and bar and service was quick and friendly.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay with Jurys Inn Newcastle. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms to be both clean and comfortable. It's great to hear you had a positive experience in both the bar and restaurant also. I have passed on your comments to our team here who are grateful for such positive feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle upon Tyne
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#8 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Ci...
#18 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,125 reviews
Royal Station Hotel
Royal Station Hotel
#24 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,765 reviews
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hote...
#21 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,314 reviews
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,134 reviews

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle? Share your experiences!