“Wonderful and elegant”

Argent D'Or
Ranked #786 of 1,292 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Argent D’Or is a new restaurant located in the main hotel at Close House Hotel & Golf. Enjoy sumptuous French cuisine with an English twist in the beautiful new restaurant. The elegant furnishings and the stunning decoration combine with a modern influence to create an open, spacious restaurant with a wonderfully unique style of its very own. With a menu to match the decor we are sure you’ll find Argent D’Or to your taste. Argent D’Or is open to non-residents, however, you may wish to combine your Argent D’Or experience with a stay in one of our beautiful suite-style Courtyard rooms for a truly memorable visit.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was treated to a meal here by my daughter and it was fantastic. The food was quite simply beautiful and the service fantastic. The atmosphere was elegant will go again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely superb lunch. Good was fabulous, especially the chocolate go Davy with salted caramel. So opulently decorated yet free of pretentiousness and the staff were a joy. We were so well looked after. The only reason I didn't give it give stars fir value is that it is £3.50 for a coffee which I do think is a tad too much even though it was rather good. All in a wonderful place. It's great to see the huge improvements being made to the estate and we look forward to visiting again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just had lunch and I can safely say that we have both really enjoyed the whole experience from entering the hotel (a friendly greeting means a lot) to getting the bill - the food was excellent, the views are amazing, the staff are attentive but not overpowering, the ladies loos are wonderful - I cannot hink of any other adjectives to describe this restaurant - we'll definitely be back. Thanks to you all.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Took friends to the special lunch. I have been on several lady day lunches so hoped it wouldn't disappoint. It didn't. The men had the three course and my friend and I had the two which I feel is ample. Good selection for each course. Men had hammock and black pudding and then we all had steak. We all wanted them cooked differently and they were spot on. Only one thing I asked the waiter if I could have dauphinois potatoes instead of chips he said he would ask but chips arrived with no mention of request. Still enjoyed them. The puds were gorgeous. We all had something different -chocolate cake, cheese board, panacotta and I went for boozy cherry creme brûlée which was divine. We will all be back

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Enjoyed the most delicious restaurant meal we have had in a long while. The steaks were so tender they almost melted in the mouth. Can't praise enough the standard of service. Our drinks and complimentary entrees were served in a comfy lounge in front of a roaring fire - perfect ambience on that cold January evening prior to being seated in the opulent restaurant. It was a special treat for a special birthday and we were not disappointed.

1  Thank Krumblelover