“Close House Argent d'Or” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #783 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Close House Argent d'Or”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just had lunch and I can safely say that we have both really enjoyed the whole experience from entering the hotel (a friendly greeting means a lot) to getting the bill - the food was excellent, the views are amazing, the staff are attentive but not overpowering, the ladies loos are wonderful - I cannot hink of any other adjectives to describe this restaurant - we'll definitely be back. Thanks to you all.

• Visited February 2013

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Took friends to the special lunch. I have been on several lady day lunches so hoped it wouldn't disappoint. It didn't. The men had the three course and my friend and I had the two which I feel is ample. Good selection for each course. Men had hammock and black pudding and then we all had steak. We all wanted them cooked differently and they were spot on. Only one thing I asked the waiter if I could have dauphinois potatoes instead of chips he said he would ask but chips arrived with no mention of request. Still enjoyed them. The puds were gorgeous. We all had something different -chocolate cake, cheese board, panacotta and I went for boozy cherry creme brûlée which was divine. We will all be back

• Visited February 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Delicious meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Enjoyed the most delicious restaurant meal we have had in a long while. The steaks were so tender they almost melted in the mouth. Can't praise enough the standard of service. Our drinks and complimentary entrees were served in a comfy lounge in front of a roaring fire - perfect ambience on that cold January evening prior to being seated in the opulent restaurant. It was a special treat for a special birthday and we were not disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Krumblelover
“lunch argent d'or”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

i booked lunch at close house for the 25th of jan as a treat for my partner and myself,from start of visit until we left nothing was to much trouble. from bar staff to resturant staff all very atentive and could not do enough for you.I would highly recomend a visit to close house the food was realy good aswell

Consett
“New Year's Day treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

As always with close house, excellent service and no end of opulence, whether you're waiting in the lounge or dining in the restaurant. No expense has been spared and it shows.
Quality and presentation of the food is second to none. Being New Year's Day, it was a set menu with a decent variety of choice whether you're a meat lover or a vegetarian.
Staff very friendly and prompt with everything.
Good value for money too.

• Visited January 2013