“Very poor food”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Washington, United Kingdom
“Very poor food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times in the past and whilst not mind blowing, was fine.
On Saturday, girlfriend and I booked fortunately as the place was very busy.
Shared a starter, which was fine, but our two main courses were very poor.
The lamb in the bhuna was as tough as boots, and the meat in my sizzling dish was equally tough and dry. Normally tandoori chicken is cooked quickly and remains moist, not so.
Will go into town next time, very disappointed.

Visited March 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We recently visited Ahad with a couple of friends and looked forward to the meal. The men ordered two different chicken dishes and my friend and I ordered lamb. Sadly, my husband suffered severe vomitting and diarrhoea . My friend's husband diarrhoea and stomach upset. Both unwell for almost 4 days. We wondered whether it was the chicken as my friend and I were fine.This was reported to the restaurant, who to their credit, investigated and got back to us apologising for our experience but did not think it was their chicken. We were convinced as my husband and friend were fine before they ate the chicken
On the whole staff and service good, but we were disappointed and will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
Newcastle
“Good meal”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

A group of 6 visited on Saturday night. Good service, waited a while for starters but then the timings were good. Nice food, nice wine, good portions and friendly staff. Would go again.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Always amazing!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We eat in here, get take away and use the restaurant at least twice a month.

The food is always great, the service is great and the atmosphere is lovely. I like the pasanda and the chicken tikka malai and my husband loves the lamb bhuna, the shaslik kebab and many others.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Andrea W
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Reliable indian”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Often visit this restaurant or order takeaway from Ahad with friends. Cannot fault it. Best indian in Gosforth.