“Didn't get what the fuss was about, unfortunately.”
Review of Ahad Tandoori

Ahad Tandoori
Ranked #338 of 1,302 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were passing this place over the bank holiday weekend and thought we would pop in and get a take away to enjoy at home. We were seated and told our order would be ready in 20mins which it was. The place was quite busy for around 7pm on a Sunday night. While waiting I noticed that the food hygiene rating was only 4 out of 5 but wasn't overly bothered by this.
We ordered popadoms and pickles, chicken tikka and onion bhagi to start, chicken korma and chicken biryani and keema rice. The starters were nice but we were both unimpressed with our mains. the flavor just didn't seem to be very strong. I will say though that the quality of the meat was good. Maybe we should have gone for more interesting dishes, but unfortunately I don't think I would try here again as I've had better for cheaper elsewhere.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited the Ahad on recommendation I was told that the food was the best in Newcastle.
I was not disappointed, the food is fabulous. The staff could not have been more welcoming nothing was too much trouble.
Before I visited the Ahad I read a few of the reviews, one of the reviews said the food was bland and disagreed with the good reviews saying people were probably too drunk to taste the food.
I can only comment on my experience (by the way I don’t drink).
Overall a very pleasant night out.

1  Thank Maxpower_13
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my first visit to Ahad's but it will not be the last. Relaxed welcoming atmosphere. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Lots of specialities on the menu, meaning we could both try something new. I like my food to be full of flavour and spicey but not too hot, I tryied a delicious Ahad special with spinach stuffed chicken in a delicious citrus sauce. My partner choose a chicken curry from the Ahads specials. Both dishes were great. A lovely evening and good value for money.

2  Thank LuckyNorthEast
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is simply stunning here, the service can be a bit slow but the atmosphere is great & its definitely worth the wait.

1  Thank karin_chapman
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Welcome from the staff was beyond perfection. The decor seating was second to none.

Food was brilliant and the staff very pleasant and a credit to Gosforth.

Thanks for a great Good Friday meal.

1  Thank Russell B