“Great Thali”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Thali is really good value - £13 for a huge plate of food! The staff couldn't have been more lovely. They made the veggie thali vegan for me by swapping a couple of the dishes - usually places will just remove them instead of swapping them so this was so lovely!

The staff were highly knowledgeable and reassured me about what was in each dish.

Highly recommended place for vegans!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Really good food, hot on hot plates and the special on a Sunday night is well worth the money for 5 courses. Been coming here for a long time - frequency dependant on which diet I am following at the time! But always enjoy my visit. Staff are lovely too and really makes for a nice meal out. Special mention of Shahid - top bloke!

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Out for dinner with some family. Nice clean restaurant with very welcoming staff. Food was delicious and reasonably priced. Definitely go back

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Was passing by Cafe Spice and remember my friends going on about it. So thought we have a couple of hours before our meeting so why not pop in.

Walked and greeted with a smile by soft spoken but a very friendly gentleman with a beard. We got sat down and drinks followed quickly. Prices are very good for drinks by the way.

We started to read through the menu, the chef specialities looked amazing. Unfortunately I could only order 1 but always gives me a chance to come back and try another one. The waiter was brilliant when taking the order. He recommended us meals that would suit my taste & also made us laugh with his jokes that came all night. The food came out and it looked amazing but tasted..... Soooo much better. From the starters To The desserts, nothing could be faulted.

We had a couple of questions so we thought we would ask the manager for the best resulting answers. Who may I say has yet come to see us or even acknowledge that we are here. Here's the best bit, so trying to get some sort of eye contact with him while he was using his phone under the bar trying to be as subtle as possible, we managed to called the manager over or so we thought he was the manager as he stood out from the rest with his white shirt, navy pants, definitely looking the part while the other 2 waiters wearing the usual black clothing which many restaurants have as uniform.

We THEN get told by the gentleman that he is going to go ask the manager to come over as He has a better knowledge about the situation. Guess who comes over... The waiter that has served us all night, from greeting to giving the bill. Humble as ever he replied when we asked if he was the manager and why he isn't looking the part and hasn't said he is (his reply) " Its all about teamwork, dress the same as I am no different to anybody else. We all work hard and try our best for the business. Plus I am a supervisor, the floor manager is currently working at our sister branch. " we quietly asked then how come the gentleman in white is dressed differently, he replied back jokingly, he is the owners nephew. But his clothes were not ready so had to opt out for the clothing he has on.

The night went smoothly and very funny. Shady was fantastic. Attentive but not bearing. Our night was perfect. Thanks mate for the time and effort you have us despite being busy running back and forth. Quickly adding, his partner in same clothing was extremely polite and quick too.

All in all food was amazing but the classy touch from the service made it a 10/10

Reviewed August 8, 2018

This is my go-to local for indian takeaway. Good menu options, doesn't take too long, and really good set menu offers.