“Read the reviews, but disappointed”
Review of Cafe Spice

Cafe Spice
Ranked #309 of 1,265 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Read the reviews, but disappointed”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I use Tripadvisor regularly and read a number of reviews, before trying the take out option. There was an extensive menu to choose from, and we ordered 2 main courses, one rice and some extras, naan's etc..There was plenty but I thought the quality poor, my husband ordered the chicken tikka masala and I don't think I will ever see that colour of sauce on any paint swatch, it was bright red, and comletely sauce, no hint of any veg at all. just chunks of chicken in absolutely bright red sauce. I chose a chicken dish with almonds and cashews and it tasted nutty, which is what I expected, but again buried in sauce. If plenty is what you are after then you will not be disappointed as there was, I was expecting quality so did not feel that I got what I thought I would, Good value for money.

• Visited April 2013

“Great”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Good service! Amazing food with great quality and a great price! Have already reccomended it to friends and family!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Hutchangelo
“Great local”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Consistently good. Great service, good quality food and excellent value. Highly recommended local restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Spice up Your Life”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went for an unplanned meal and was found a table straight away even though it was busy. The food is excellent, one of the best indian menus I have tasted. The staff are very friendly and the service good, not too rushed. Very good value for money and what isn't eaten can be taken home. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good flavoured food.

• Visited March 2013
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Simply Superb”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a Birthday treat my wife asked me where I would like to go for a meal. After deliberating for a while I decided to choose Cafe Spice as its local to our Benton home and we hadn't been for at least a couple of years.
We booked our table for 8.30 and on arrival the restaurant was busy but not packed. We got shown to lour table within minutes and from then on the experience was simply 1st class. Popadoms were nice and crispy, pickle tray fresh, starters fantastic and main meals simply exquisite. Even the coffee we finished with was hot and strong.
Could not fault anything about the whole night, well worth a visit to this little jewel in the crown on Chillingham Rd.