“Best curry I've tasted in Newcastle”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #396 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Excellent food as always. We have visited restaurant many times and had take away many times. Still the best curry I have had. The food is fresh, flavoursome and plentiful. Highly recommend their food and great staff and atmosphere at the restaurant,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Went with friends just before Christmas. Had the set menu 4 courses for £12. Fantasic food, very tasty. Great service and comfortable surroundings.
Have already booked for the New Year.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I got a takeaway meal from this alleged restaurant - the rice was not cooked properly - the onion was raw - there was bits of some different sauce in with mine.

It was not like any Chicken Jalfrezi I have ever had, Disgusting.

1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I do enjoy a good curry and enjoy visiting different places to try different types of currys. I have to say that this place is one of the best around. We went at about 6.30pm on a Friday night. The restaurant is on the smaller side but again don't let that put you off, I probably holds 30 people. They were doing a good takeaway trade as the bar and waiting area at the front was busy. As you enter there is a small waiting area to the left for people eating in the restaurant where you initially get to look through the menu and order drinks.

We were shown to our table, there was about 10/12 people already sat and eating. We ordered papadums and onion bhaji (predictable - I know). Once finished we were asked if we wanted our main straight away, nice to have the choice to let things to go down. Everything we ordered arrived (Which some other restaurants have difficulty doing). Food was fresh and hot, the Nan bread was also freshly cooked. Overall the flavour, taste and spice level was excellent. Also the service was excellent throughout.

1  Thank MikeToon
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have a business myself in foresthall, and I have been here a few times after work and weekends. The food has always been excellent and the service is very good,staff are very pleasant.

1  Thank Saralopar