“Lovely honest food”

Quay Ingredient
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Decided to visit after seeing the amazing reviews on Tripadvisor. I wasn't let down! They served good quality honest food. I gave a 4 and not a 5 was because I felt very cramped and the service was a little slow.

2  Thank Bel C

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We went here for our anniversary breakfast after seeing rave reviews on trip advisor.

We were greeted with a very friendly face and our server was welcoming and talkative.

We placed our order after much deliberation - breakfast menu is served all day on the weekend as well as a great selection of sandwiches, mains and cake! I chose the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with toast and my boyfriend had the full English (minus the tomato and mushrooms). Our drinks came immediately and the food within 10 minutes, great portion sizes and fresh produce... We really couldn't fault the food! We also had the 'cake of the day' which was Victoria sponge and was simply delicious.

The only thing we had an issue with was that we were sat with empty plates for quite a while after we had finished and there weren't many customers in, although, I liked it's relaxed atmosphere.

I would definitely go again and perhaps try the lunch this time, the food is faultless!

2  Thank loradoratheexplorer
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm not a fan of hotel breakfasts, so TripAdvisor recommended that I should try here.

What a *GREAT* recommendation.

Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, with cinnamon pancakes with chocolate for something sweet after. Just perfect.

Coffee - I went for the "Bulletproof", mainly because the name intrigued me! Black coffee, coconut oil and melted butter. I know, weird huh?

It was surprisingly lovely - the only thing I'd say was that the cup was in fact too big, as near the end it was getting a bit rich but it was definitely worth trying. A surprising taste, but one I really enjoyed.

Service was very good, a great atmosphere and a very good selection of breakfast options - I can't comment on anything else as that's all I looked at, but I would expect that every dish would be to the same high standards.

2  Thank JenningsDave
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Quay Ingredient serve an excellent breakfast you can really taste the quality of the ingredients. The front of house is lovely and friendly. Even though it can be tricky to get a table as the place is so small I find it very cosy and a nice friendly ambience.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had seen the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. It is only small and when we arrived, didn't think we could get a table. A gentleman who was sat on a table for two gave up his seat and sat on another seat which allowed us to sit at the table, otherwise we probably would have had to wait or find somewhere else to eat. Our order was taken promptly. Unfortunately we asked for our tea to be brought with our meal but this came straight away. I fancied scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and asked if it came with toast. I was told it came with brioche - but I accepted it. When the meal came it was plentiful but I couldn't find any smoked salmon. When I asked about the smoked salmon, the waiter apologised and checked on my order which had been taken by someone else. I had the option of changing my meal but decided to have some smoked salmon brought separately. It was absolutely delicious. My husband ordered a full english and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I would have no hesitation in visiting this establishment again - we were made to feel welcome and acknowledged when we left. I would thoroughly recommend a visit.