“An outstanding cafe on the quay.”
Review of Quay Ingredient

Quay Ingredient
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I always go to this place when I'm working in Newcastle. It serves by far the best cafe food I have ever tasted. Today I had the eggs Montreal which was lathered in the best Hollandaise sauce I have had). The menu provides breakfasts and sandwiches which are a little different from the norm and much more interesting for it. What makes this place truly outstanding is that everything is made fresh in house. I shudder to think what time in the morning they have to get up to achieve this but it results in truly amazing food. The service is very friendly and you get the sense that the two guys who run the place are rightly proud if what they have achieved. Just go there!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

After out visit in December last year we couldnt wait to return, we were not dissapointed one bit, we had our lunch on Friday I had the ham on a stottie with peese pudding it was amazing and my husband had the lambs liver sandwich equally as nice, we returned for breakfast the following two mornings, when we walked in they immediatley remembered what we had to drink the day before, and was met with a friendly welcome as though we had been going in for years. Of course I just had to have the eggs benedict, and a full english for my husband.
People comment about waiting but surley waiting for the freshly made food is not an issue as when it arrives its just superb, I would always be willing to wait as long as it takes.
We will return later on in the year.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

There are some really good restaurants in Newcastle so seeing this small and rather tucked away place placed first on Trip Advisor was a surprise. It is really super. The team were very welcoming and despite the fact that it was busy with no free tables - there was no sense of being at all rushed. The food was interesting, good value and well cooked.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I visited here after seeing that it was rated number one on trip advisor and that it was just round the corner from where I was staying. The food itself is pleasant, but we had to wait half an hour to get a table and then still longer before we got our food and it just wasn't that good...

1  Thank Jonny_Seagull
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We recently discovered this great little cafe, which doesn't look much from the outside but was lovely and welcoming inside. I ordered the eggs Florentine and my husband the full English and they were both very tasty and made with good quality ingredients. They serve a good selection of Ringtons teas and as I was wanting to try something different the lovely lady behind the counter came over with a little tea box and explained each tea and gave suggestions on what I might like. Excellent food and wonderful customer service. I imagine they must get very busy at lunchtime as its a very small cafe, but I will definitely return to sample their lunch menu.

1  Thank KNorthumberland7