“Sensational little place - always packed”
Review of Quay Ingredient

Quay Ingredient
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
The North
“Sensational little place - always packed”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can't believe that it took me four months to head down to this little gem, despite having heard excellent reviews about it beforehand. As a relatively new establishment tucked away from the main Quayside, I had expected it to still be seeking a larger clientele. However, what they really need is larger premises, as the handful of tables (around ten) inside, do not cater for the demand, with seemingly many regulars. The menu is refreshing and the food sensational. The thought of my Eggs Benedict followed by cinnamon pancakes is enough to bring tears of joy to my eyes. The staff are hard-working and really friendly. The only negative is the lack of space and staff, which means you should really only go on a lazy day. However, for a newly opened cafe, it is simply divine.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Quay to my tummy!!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Not sure I should tell people about this fantastic little restauant as I don't want it filled up next time I am there...as I definitely will be returning soon.
The food was great. I had lambs liver cooked to perfection yesterday and then tiger prawns today.
Service was prompt and with a smile!!
Exceelent
Thanks.

1 Thank Sheila H
Bristol
“Fantastic brekkie, thank you!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Joining the queue of well-filled, happy customers! Fab little place, will be back next time we're up north. Go for the full English, the black pudding is to die for.

• Visited October 2012
“Excellent,friendly and great quality!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We have just had breakfast here and we were very impressed! Superb service (food took 20 mins to arrive but all cooked fresh).

Great quality food

Excellent thank you!!

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Fantastic informal snackery”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Wow, I called in here on spec for a quick bite of lunch. Walked out an hour later thinking why didn't I know about this place. Tucked down on the Quayside it's a small place, just a few comfy chairs and other odd bits of furniture. The food - breakfasts and sandwiches - are a different take on the usual fare, but truly excellent and exciting. I had liver and red onion lyonnaise in a very fresh tiny baguette - and they still serve it pink. Truly delicious and perfectly cooked, Might sound a touch pretentious, but it truly lived up to it. The more mainstream dishes looked excellent too - smoked salmon, kippers, sausages. All displaying their local provenance. Great coffee too. This little discovery made my day. Very friendly staff, and clearly a loyal clientele. I'm not surprised. Try it for a special (and cheap) lunch or breakfast

1 Thank crossleyb