“Fresh, authentic and delicious”
Review of The Old Siam

The Old Siam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh, authentic and delicious”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited as a last minute trip but it is our third time here. The service is great they are friendly and attentive but never intrusive.

We both shared the old siam platter to start which gives you a good selection of their starters. Each one as flavoursome as the rest. I always go for the king prawn pad Thai which is a favourite of mine and was as good as always. My partner had the king prawn pangang which he thought was delicious although not as spicy as he thought.

To drink we had the monsoon valley red £13.95 a bottle. Light to medium body great example of a Thai red.

We will definitely be back.

1 Thank ChrissyJB

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely Staff and Great Food”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited this restaurant on New Year’s Eve and I can honestly say we had a fab time. The food and the service were excellent and there was a lovely festive buzz about the place. I chose the red chicken curry and it was really hot and spicy, it was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Can’t believe how hard the staff have to work running up and down the really steep stairs all the time, I take my hat off to them.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Very difficult to book a table”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I used the online booking form in order to book a table on 16th December. On 19th December I e-mailed the restaurant as I'd not had a reply. I then called the restaurant on 22nd December and the person who answered the phone informed me that he would need to check with the owner as to whether the booking had been received and he would call me back in 5 minutes.

It is now 31st December and I've not received a phone call or e-mail. Why the person who answered the phone just couldn't take my booking or check the bookings diary I don't know!!

The booking was for a fairly large party and I've since decided to go elsewhere. Poor service before even getting to the restaurant!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

From the moment we went in to book a table for the evening we were met with friendly service. Cannot fault the service in the evening extremely attentive and friendly. The food, some of the best we have ever tasted, an excellent mixed platter as a starter that allowed us to try a number of dishes and a lovely spicy soup. The highlight for us was the Thai Green Curry which was packed with mouth watering flavour.

We filled our boots here and its a pity we didn't live nearby as we would have filled doggy bags and lived off the rest of the food for the weekend. We had been reading reviews of this place for a year and are now so glad that we visited. A visit here will now be part of our trips to Newcastle. Next time I'm going to try the Red Curry.

The ladies and gent in this restaurant not only know about good food but also expert service. A number of places would do well to learn from them. Thanks folks for a lovely evening. Hope to see you again soon.

“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is the 3rd time i have been to this restaurant and feel it gets better each time i am there. The food is very fresh and excellent choices, the staff are very friendly and helpful couldn't ask for anything more. Thank you. ps going to York at the weekend may even try the restaurant in York see if it matches up to Newcastle!