“Needs to reopen!”

Add it.
Pizza al Taglio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Healthy
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Unfortunately this place closed in September 2012, such a shame as it was one of the best places for takeaway food in Newcastle. They are hoping to reopen in another location in the city though, and I for one really hope they do.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I used to visit Pizza al Taglia when I lived in Durham. They had a stall in Durham Market and I used to go after school/college with my friends. It was absolutely fantastic and very cheap for the quality you get. The staff were fantastically freindly every time I went and very very helpful!
The pizzas were absolutely perfect!
I moved to Newcastle 4 years ago so didn't get to visit Pizza al Taglia very much anymore but when I saw it had opened in Pilgrim Street I was over the moon. I so desperately hoped it was still as good as it used to be and it was! If not, better!
Fantastic pizza, brilliant prices and extremely friendly staff! what more could you want!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Visited this week with a living social voucher.The place is clean and inviting and the food is lovely!The base of the pizza was a little dry but there's a good variety of pizza.I would have also liked some tomato sauce or salt but there wasn't any at the seating area.The young girl who worked there was exceptionally friendly,polite and helpful so all in all I think it was a good experience and would pop in for good quality fast food.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

my family abslutely love these pizzas

we have been regular customers for about 3-4 years. they started out in a small shop and now have recently opened a shop in newcastle high street very close to shops and very easy to find.

the staff here are wonderful, very friendly and very good with children you wont find better service anywhere else the staff try to get to know their customers, remebering which pizzas you like, they are not just there to sell the food like most companies! never ruse and service always with a smile

the pizzas are fantastic you wont find any other as fresh of such fantastic quality, no thin, burnt horrible pizza, but proper italian thick rectangular pizza

such a great choice with lots of toppings on offer. i have a cheese allergy and as a vegetarian have always found it difficult to find a good pizza, no problem here they have a very good vegan option which changes so that your not limited to just one kind and the garlic bread is also vegan and very tasty.

both my daughters (especially my eldest who is 5) love going for a pizza she knows the owners by first name and they will even put pineapple on her margaritta for her so she feels really special the pizzas are £2 each or cheese and tomato is a little less and for £1.20 extra you can choose chips/crisps/garlic bread or choc bar and a drink as a meal deal, fantastic price in my pinin for what you get

i highly reccomend pizza al taglio to everyone, vegetarians and meat eaters and very good for families, my family will definatly carry on visiting here, 5 stars is not enough :)

1  Thank iluvmababyz
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Being of Italian heritage I love a good bit of pizza al taglio when inn Rome, these guys do it right and it's pretty well priced too - £2 for any slice, not bad. Good variety, even for us veggies

1  Thank Franco s