“Great service and excellent cocktail masterclass...”
Review of Vodka Revolution

Vodka Revolution
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Part of a hen group, we had the cocktail masterclass with lunch.
After a small mix up at the beginning we were given complimentary drink which was a very kind gesture!
Lunch was fab, chilli, wedges, onion rings etc all on a sharing platter to dip in. Hot, fresh and plenty to go round.
The masterclass lasted around an hour, we all got to have a go and learned the tips of the trade.
Rachel was our expert and was fab, very friendly, funny and informative.
A great day, highly recommended!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

As part of a hen party we had booked a cocktail class and dinner here. the class was excellent and a lot of fun, couldnt fault the service we recieved from staff, it was very busy and they kept our drinks flowing! the food however was a bit disappointing. im not sure how much we paid for the meal as it was included in the price of our weekend so maybe thats why it was so bad. my katsu chicken curry was cold, the rice was all stuck together, wasnt nice a fluffy as one would expect from a dinner. the sauce as well was luke warm. i however did not bring this up with the waitress, because as a waitress myself, i know how busy restaurants can be and how food is left on the hot plate until someone can come and serve it to customers. i would return here on a less busy night, if there was one, when i next return to newcastle.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Revolution is a vodka bar. If you want to taste a wide variety of vodkas - go there! If you are doing a pub crawl in Newcastle City - go there and have a drink!

If you want to enjoy dinner, try to avoid it. The food is of pretty low quality. I had smoked salmon as a starter and slow cooked beef as a main dish. The salmon was very cold and tasted like they are keeping it in the deep freezer. The beef was ok, but the sauce it comes with is one of the most disgusting things I have every eaten. Tasted like a instant sauce from the supermarket which has been warmed and spilled over the beef, the taste was incredibly artificial.
Good thing: I was there on a Monday, so I had to pay only 50%.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my first time here and I went with my friend for a catch up meal and drinks. The service was excellent, behind the bar and waiting on tables. It was a bit pricey but we had a student card type that made everything 2 for 1 which made it good value as it applied to drinks and food. I would only go back with this type of offer, if we didn't have that it would have cost a pretty penny. You can get the card for £3, but my friend is part of a society so has it for free. Even at £3 it is good value, we saved £15 on that one visit alone. They also do other nights when good offers are on so it's worth doing a bit of research. The atmosphere was nice, we visited between 6-9pm on a Tuesday and it had started to get busy as we were leaving.

It's also at quiet a good location being just 5 minutes from Central and also close to other bars/pubs/clubs etc.

I am planning to go back but only if there are offers on or I can get my hands on a student card thing.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

sorry its goin from bad to worse....after visiting on saturday evening we were charged the princely sum of £22.00 !!! yes £22.00 for 2 small glasses of house wine and one vodka !!! are you for real ????? sorry but this is wrong. Won't be going back.

4  Thank hondamick