“Great food”
Review of The Forth

The Forth
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Visited the forth fir lunch, great choice, food arrived, well presented and served, portion size spot on, partner had the eggy bread, bacon and maple syrup, best eggy bread they had tasted, southern fried chicken not greasy and the dip was very more ish, plates taken away promptly .

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I booked a table for a party of 6 adults for midday for Sunday lunch. We arrive at 11:45 to find the doors open but we were advised the bar did not open till 12 and we would have to wait outside. Fair enough, although waiting inside considering it was cold outside would have been nice but I do understand that.

We waited until 12:05 and the barman did not come back to fully open the door even though he could still see us waiting outside. We attempted to go back in but this time we were told "we cant come in as he hasn't opened the door yet". Nothing to do with the time now but just that he had decided he didn't want to open the door and let us in.

We were disgusted by the way he spoke to us and went elsewhere for our Sunday lunch. Employing a member of staff who speaks to customers in this manner can only be turning more customers away than ourselves. I hope the manager/owner reads this as you not only lost 6 customers but also any chance of future visits to The Forth.

1  Thank willdabeast182
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Got off the train yesterday and headed to into town, passed this little beauty on the lane, thought we would pop in for a drink, maybe get some lunch.
Was the best idea we have ever had.
The drinks range is huge, they sell DELERIUM! like 8% though, obviously too early to have one, but next time!!!
Had an ale, great selection there too, nice local from Durham.
Took a gander at the menu, so much choice, didn't know what to go for!
Settled on the burger, and oh my god, how absolutely delicious it was too!
I will never eat another burger anywhere else again!
The staff were great, two girls on the bar, long dark hair, tattoos, just a cool pub. They were really helpful, told them I was from Leeds and they told me of one of their sister bars there! So I can enjoy these burgers on my home turf!
They really looked after us, made us feel really welcome.
Wish there were more places like this so I wouldn't have to travel so far!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Funky bar/pub with a good selection of ciders and beers. a little on the pricey side for newcastle. But attracts an understated private crowd. I like to snack on a burger here under the warmth of the outdoor heaters (though a couple need to be fixed) on the upstairs roof garden. Toilets could do with being checked more often - every time I visit there is only one remaining toilet containing loo paper! But fun to go there and try their tasty snacks displayed daily on a chalk board with a nice bit of local cider :)

Not sure there is any access for wheelchairs to the toilets - something to keep in mind.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great bar with an excellent selection of drinks and a good food menu. I had a lovely homemade burger with crispy french fries and the salted caramel tart for dessert was lick the plate good.

1  Thank Cfrancis24