“Very Nice Establishment”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had a pre-thretre dinner here, a place I had always wanted to visit when passing. As it was my friend's birthday I was afforded the opportunity when she suggested we eat here! Upon entering the establishment, I was very impressed by the post-modern, Sohoesque decor and the ambience; quite a few people patronising the venue was a positive sign.

For dinner I ordered a starter of rustic bread a mixed olives, followed by a medium rare steak. I did not expect the two courses to arrive together. Well, I was in no mood to make waves, so just kept calm, and carried on tucking in.

The rustic bread was really nice, as were the mixeed olives. Likewise, the steak was done perfectly, and the salad was vibrant and fresh, while the chunky, hand cit chips were actually real potato. The downside was there was no condiments, such as mustard with the steak, and, moreover, no steak knife. At that jI had to leave my meal and ask the barmen for these basic gastronomic essentials. He said he's oblige, but alas got side-tracked and, as I assume, forgot. This prompted a second trip by me to request these essentials for my dinner. At long last the over-worked barman arrived at my table without steak knife, stating that the venue has none, and therefore couldn't help me. As for the mustard, he plonked down a bowl of sachets, which I thought was somewhat lacking in class for such a nice establishment.

This experience has not deterred me, and I will give Soho another try in the future.

1  Thank Sandi S

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Have walked past many times and thought I'd like to call in.......I eventually did......and was disappointed! What a shabby interior, rips in wallpaper, chairs that were so worn that the foam was showing,tables too close together! Then the food, we ordered burgers, too much sauce??? Onion rings awful, potatoes cold, the meal was awful. Would never go back and would never recommend going, place needs an overhaul! Probably a great place at night, when alcohol and darkness dull the senses!!!!

1  Thank gateshead o
Reviewed October 17, 2013

After shopping called in for something to eat. Although the menu is limited the service was good as was the food. The only complaint (if that's the right word) is that there was just far too much and we had to leave 30% of our meals and that was a struggle. However the food was hot and freshly cooked and could not be faulted, and was reasonably priced. The décor is tasteful and the staff were pleasant and helpful. Will call again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Food was quick and just what we needed as we were hungry and a little stressed. Staff were friendly. Decent prices as well. Close to the RVI so ideal if you need to be popping in and out of there.

1  Thank UKSian
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I love going to Soho for cocktails, they have so many and are always beautiful. Today we decided to have lunch as well. After ordering calzone and risotto we sat back at our table. 10 mins later a member of staff came to tell us there was no pizza for an hour. We asked for lasagne and were told there was none if that either. When our food arrived my risotto was stone cold, and it wasn't risotto just stodgy rice. The pasta we ordered was also only lukewarm. The prices are good but cold food is unforgivable.