“Good food, great staff, good atmosphere”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill is located in the city centre of Newcastle. The menu has everything you would imagine from a traditional steak house with the superior quality you would expect from Marco Pierre White.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked a meal for my husband's birthday. The food was excellent- I chose the sirloin steak (medium rare) without any sauce (I always think this is a good test of a restaurant). It was cooked to perfection. Our waiter was Nathan who was very friendly and attentive throughout the evening. We had to wait a little while for our food (not too long though- I've waited a lot longer in some pubs) and were given a complimentary amuse bouche which I thought was a nice touch. We had champagne which was a great deal for £20 on Friday's before 7pm. Would definitely recommend and will visit again.

1  Thank Linda W
There are newer reviews for Marco Pierre White Steakhouse

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were staying at the Hotel Indigo on business but the weather was cold and miserable so we decided to eat here as it was downstairs. Our decision was also nudged along with a voucher for a main course when we checked in. So glad we did because the food and service were excellent.

The waiting staff were polite and attentive without being intrusive or intimidating (a problem that I sometimes find with higher end restaurants). The menu choice was also good - not just restricted to steak.

1  Thank KarenJSC
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I visited the restaurant for my birthday with my husband, we both really enjoyed our meals and evening. We were met at reception and taken straight to our table, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We did have to wait a bit of time for our main courses but the staff did approach us and tell us it was due to the choices we had made although I didn't feel as is we had been waiting too long, the food was well worth the wait and cooked to perfection. The portion was bigger that I expected and well worth the money. There is also a good selection of wines, beers and cocktails. Will most definitely be back and would recommend for a special night out.

1  Thank Elaine W
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband & I were invited back to the restaurant after a disappointing meal in September. We had a completely different experience this time & now feel that we could recommend it to anyone. We were greeted very warmly by Jamie, the Restaurant Manager & then looked after for the rest of the evening by the lovely, friendly & helpful Gemma. Nicholas was again very helpful. This time all the food was delicious & beautifully presented & could not be faulted. We understand that there is a new brigade of chef's in the kitchen which has had a positive effect on both the food & service. There is now a much calmer, happier atmosphere in the restaurant. Breakfast has also improved - the omelettes are delicious.

Thank you for inviting us back & we will definitely return.

3  Thank marachele
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked for Sunday lunch a while ago as that was supposed to be an absolute necessity, but it was only half full. We stood (in full view) at the entry desk occupied by a supervisor, with two inactive waitresses nearby, for about 3 minutes before having to ask one of the latter for our table. The service was fairly quick from then on and we ordered a starter followed by a roast beef mains. On the menu there was a good choice of real ales - apart from the wine list there was also a very good Italian lager, among others.

Both the starters and mains were excellent, and at £13.50 great value. The decor is very pleasing apart from 3 extremely large, egotistical photos of M.P.White. On receiving the bill we noticed (obviously) that we were being charged £3 too much. The supervisor was blase about that and rectified it without an apology: 10% is added for a service charge whether you like it or not. After our meal we sat in the adjacent lounge where we ordered coffees. The Americanos were perfect but just over half full. When receiving the bill (£6.60 for two) and mentioning this we were asked if we would like a refill. We said yes, but the waiter simply wandered off, and after about 7 minutes we left.

Thank 237enigma .