“Fav hotel in Newcastle”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on NYE. The hotel was full tho the staff remained helpful and friendly.
The rooms were very expensive but having stayed before I'm guessing it was just because it was New Year's Eve.
We weren't happy with our room but after complaining to the manager we had this swiftly changed. Love the free mini bar. So handy to have free water and soft drinks in the room.
The room was lovely, room service was nice and the breakfast was delicious.
This is my fav hotel at the moment. The service is brilliant.
Would be nice if some rooms had a bath but this wouldn't put me off staying again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hi Pinksarmy75,

Thank you for the excellent review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Newcastle.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Newcastle

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I would describe this place as style over comfort. Rooms decorated in a modern trendy style but ours was definitely not comfortable. Room overlooked a car park; in the middle of the floor area was a huge TV standing on a massive black cupboard; it dominated the room and you had to walk round it all the time. For over £100 per night I expected a bath as well as a shower. No rooms here have a bath. Our bathroom was totally unheated apart from a towel warmer and even that switches off after 2 hours max. The floor and the shower tray were freezing cold, in fact the whole bathroom was very cold so not nice to have a shower in. The rainfall shower means you have to get your hair wet, there is no shower cap provided. Our room was also very cold - when we went out for the day we took our card-key with us. As with lots of hotels these days the lights automatically switched off when we took the key - what we did not realise was that the heating system for the room switched off too! When we returned on a chilly December evening, the room had been unheated all day. The friendly staff apologised and offered us a heater for the room. The floor of the room was also freezing and we had to go out and buy some thick furry socks!
Breakfast was a regular English hotel breakfast, nice but nothing special except eggs were cooked to order (but not the rest of it).
Here's the best bit - my young daughter and I were snuggled in our beds to keep warm, watching TV at about 9pm. A man saying he was from hotel security actually knocked on our door and told us to turn the TV down!! Yes, he ticked me off like I was having a party and disturbing the other guests!! We were in a corner room miles from anywhere. I was so taken aback I apologised and asked him whether someone had complained - no-one had complained, he was just doing his rounds and could hear my TV! Not surprising as there was a huge gap under our door where the icy wind was whistling in.
The location is very good for the town centre and the station.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susie_C327
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Susie_C327,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you found our staff, highly commendable. Guest
satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret the issues you encountered with the room you received. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a valuable feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We managed to get a cheap night away from the kids. We arrived a little early and reception were exceptionally helpful and managed to get us into a room almost immediately (the hotel was full the night before). The public areas of the hotel were spotless and very smart. We dropped our bag off in the room (shame no bath), and went down for a snack and a drink before getting changed to head out. A special mention to Coleen in the bar area who was lovely. Heading back to the room to get changed, I did notice hairs in the shower. I think because of the hotel being full the previous night, rooms were given a quick once over. Our room was a corner room, lovely light and airy and a complementary mini bar. I did like our room.

We ate out, but I think I may try the restaurant another time, however we did have breakfast. Every memeber of staff we came across was polite helpful and generally nice. Breakfast consisted of a contintental help yourself part, then an ordered cooked menu. I chose bacon, sausage and tomato, whilst my husband opted for the Full English. Presenation was lovely, however my bacon was cold and my sausage barely warm. I could have complained, however the price we paid for the room and the overall service, I wasnt overly bothered, I just didnt eat it.

I would defaintely stay in the hotel again, really enjoyed the stay and in a decent location. Staff were some of the most helpfulI have ever come acroos, and thats what makes a hotel good!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi lovinhols,

Thank you for taking the time to leave valuable feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be excellent. In future if you find your breakfast not quite up to scratch then please do not hesistate to speak to a member of staff. We will be more than happy to rectify any problems. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our second visit to Hotel Indigo and we will return.

The rooms, bar area, reception and restaurant are all clean, tidy and well decorated and breakfast was excellent.

The reception staff were very helpful especially Rachel as my wife had forgotten her hair straighteners and Rachel loaned her hers.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip S
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi Philip S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went to Newcastle for a few days last month in November for work. I arrived early and I was unable to get my room, but that was to be expected. The staff took my luggage though and I went out to explore the city. The hotel is right near the downtown and allows for some great places to eat and visit that are close by. When I got back to the hotel I checked in and the staff to my luggage to my room, funny my colleagues didn't get the same treatment 3 weeks before, but oh well, I did. :)

The bed is nice and the room is comfortable for its size. My view wasn't the best, overlooking the parking lot in back, but I only slept in the room so no big deal. The room was quiet and internet worked great. it is a great business hotel with a great buffet, but they are awful proud of their dinners so if you are looking to save some money search some restaurants close to the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hi P F,

Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback and a nice review. Why not keep in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter? We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice, the staff are very friendly and professional and the location works well, I have stayed in a number of Newcastle hotels, this one is now my preferred choice. The restaurant is on the pricey side and it may be advisable to book but there are lots of other places within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tanya M

Hi Tanya M,

Thank you for the great review. I am extremely pleased that we are now your preferred choice of hotels in Newcastle. Come back and visit us soon, we can't wait to see you.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was really impressed by this new hotel in Newcastle:

1. Staff were excellent. Friendly, hospitable and genuine
2. We were upgraded to a balcony room - nice touch - but sadly the Newcastle weather rained on us for the whole stay.
3. Room was nicely equipped, decorated in a fresh and modern style
4. Breakfast was very nice, a cooked to order hot breakfast was exactly what we needed
5. Location is also very good - easy short walk from the main train station and close to the main shopping and entertainment attractions of Newcasstle.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi David F,

Many thanks for the excellent review. I am glad to read that you were able to enjoy one of our lovely balcony rooms. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.