“Perfect Location, Love this hotel !”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Indigo Newcastle for one night when we had tickets for a gig at the o2 academy. We've stayed with other Hotel Indigo's before so we sort of knew what to expect and we weren't disappointed.

Firstly the customer service is brilliant - the receptionist was really friendly and helpful - its true what they say first impressions count!

The room was spotless, all the usual hotel indigo charms, modern furnishings, complimentary minibar, nice bathroom - absoloutley faultless.

The location for hotel indigo is perfect - literally round the corner from the o2 academy & walking distance from the resteraunts & bars.

The cocktails are well worth a try too !

Overall we had a perfect evening, and will definatley be back, Thank you Hotel Indigo Newcastle !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hi HarveyBoyd44,

Thank you for the excellent review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Indigo Newcastle and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Front of House Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,352)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed 21st Sept as we were dropping off one of my daughters at Uni the next day. Booked two rooms, one for myself and better half and the other for two of my daughters.
All superb. The staff here cannot do enough for you. Not sure if they're all on Red Bull, but nothing is too much trouble and every request is carried out with the biggest smile!
Ate at the Marco Pierre White restaurant and certainly no complaints from us!
Great to see staff who really seem to enjoy working here. It really makes a very pleasant change

PS Do all rooms have kindles?

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Mark W, Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hi SteveShrewsbury,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,

Front of House Operations Manager

Reviewed September 21, 2013

stayed here last night , staff were great checked us in straight away our room was lovely and spacious , no late night noise from newcastle nightlife ,got up this morning to a superb breakfast must stay a most enjoyable stay .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Hi Nichola D,

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We would love to see you again soon.

Operations manager

Reviewed September 20, 2013

What can I say! My stay at Hotel Indigo was the best, excellent room, excellent food, EXCELLENT STAFF! I was unwell during my stay (not the food I might add) sciatic problem for which I was prescribed Codeine! It turns out I'm allergic! Anyhow the staff were wonderful. They checked on me regularly and provided some dry toast and a great pot of tea for my very upset tummy. They could not have done more to make me feel better.
Check-in was smooth, the room was fresh and modern with a great bathroom, toiletries also were wonderful. Newcastle is a great city and easy to get around. GEORDIES ARE THE BEST!

Room Tip: I slept like a log in Room 212
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hi Brossie1949,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We really hope you are feeling better and we would love to see you again soon.

Operations manager

Reviewed September 18, 2013

As usual with a Hotel Indigo, a very professional outfit, but expensive bar prices.
The staff were very friendly, and breakfast was great, with plenty of choice.
Check in was smooth, and the room was a good size.
The room was quiet, although this was the Great North Run weekend, so I can imagine that with different clientele, it could be a different matter.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi Fella770,

Thank you for your great feedback we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

stayed for just one night with a few friends who had been working in Newcastle. Upon arrival the reception staff were lovely and quickly checked me in to my room. the room was of a decent size, the bed was huge and very comfortable. convenient free minibar was an unexpected plus (no alcohol obviously). bathroom was clean with a large shower.

again staff at reception very helpful when I wanted to charge my phone for 20mins and add breakfast to my room, took seconds and very courteous.

breakfast was great, only question would be why no beans? I did get some but had to ask. not sure if they had run out of an earlier batch but beans with a full English are a must for me.

although it didn't actually affect us the only small drawback I could see would be the size of the bar area, if the hotel were full and add to that groups arriving for dinner at the restaurant I would struggle to see how they would accommodate everyone in this space.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hi mike h,

Thank you for your review, I will certainly pass your comments regarding breakfast on to our head chef. Regarding the comment you made about the size of our lounge, all of our staff are very professional and do manager to fit all guests in there, somehow!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stay in the Indigo in Newcastle every few months. It's a great hotel with a great staff.
Check in is always quick and smooth, and as an Ambassador I'm always upgraded if there's availability.

The rooms are fresh and modern, with a great bathroom and rain shower. As always with Indigo, the toiletries are great. Top floor rooms have a balcony which is a nice touch, and great to have breakfast on. The special little gift of 'sweet tea bags' on the pillow, for my last visit was a welcome touch!

The fitness room is of a good size and is well equipped. It even has a window, which is unusual!

Breakfast is great in the Marco Pierre restaurant, serving literally whatever you could want, though £15 is crazy expensive.

A great Indigo hotel, in a perfectly central location, with ample parking and fantastic staff.

Room Tip: Top floor exec rooms have a balcony. Worth it in the Summer!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hi Magb1980,

Thank you very much for your review! We love having you with us and if you would like to add breakfast to your room rate when you check you will a discounted rate, just ask one of our friendly front desk team when you next arrive.