“Excellent Hotel complimented by friendly helpful staff”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed for a one night stay on Sunday and couldn't fault this hotel. Great location being close to Central Station and short distance to main shopping area. Hotel and rooms very modern, amazing showers! Very nice touch to include complimentary drinks and snacks in fridge and magazines in room. Breakfast very nice and fresh. The biggest asset to this hotel is the staff-they are so friendly and helpful, nothing is a trouble. The hotel is lucky to have such a nice bunch of Girls working on reception. We will definitely be returning to this Hotel and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hi jsgib,

Thank you for your great review! You will find that the complimentary mini fridge and Wi-fi are an Indigo brand standard, so whichever Hotel Indigo you choose I am sure you will be looked after just as well.

Thanks again,

Adam Munday

Write a ReviewReviews (2,352)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very convenient location near railway station and with its own car park (£12 for 24 hrs). The staff were brilliant. The rooms were generously sized and in good order. Despite the city centre location there was no noise from outside - the double glazing is obviously effective.
We ate in the Marco Pierre White restaurant and found the food very good, as was the service. Breakfast also was very good with a good choice. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hi trevor k,

Thanks for your positive review, please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed one night whilst going to the Theatre great location for any city occasion. With being a Friday it was very busy with usual Friday night revellers. Room was lovely however again being city centre not much to look at through the window.
Bar was ok, never ate at the hotel but by all accounts it sounds very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Robert C,

Thank you for your review, you don’t need to wait until the next excellent Theatre production to visit us again. Please check out our website to see what treats we can offer.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for one night on 26th July 2013. I had very high expectations of the hotel due to researching it quite alot before hand. When i checked into my room (king exec room as i chose) i found the room to be quite small and so i decided to upgrade for a discounted price of £30 which i thought was reasonable. The upgraded room wasn't much bigger but the balcony was great it was huge! The negatives of this hotel was that although the room was supposed to be a king room i found the bed to be no bigger than a double (don't get me wrong a double bed is fine but as it was advertised as a king i was expecting a king). The balcony i paid an upgrade for didn't have a light so if you wanted to sit outside at night it would be in the dark. There was no bath (personal preference) and the previous comments about the noisy air conditioning are all right, it kept me up all night! I didn't have a problem as such with the cleanliness but due to the dark wood furnishings dust really stands out and is evident, the table on the balcony was also slightly dirty.

However, there are some really good positives to this hotel. The staff were fantastic, i couldn't fault them in the slightest. I sprained my ankles whilst out shopping and when i requested ice on numerous occasions they were only happy to help. In fact i asked them for ice at 2am in the morning and they still arrived at my room along with a first aider. They checked over my ankle and advised that if i needed an ambulance or a taxi to the hospital they would ring for me.
Another positive was the complimentary mini bar and the fact you could have room service for free, so we had a lovely breakfast on the balcony the next morning- pure bliss.

Overall i probably wouldn't stay here again, the air con was way to loud and i like a nice relaxing bath! Also i wouldn't of bothered with the balcony upgrade if i knew there would be no light at night. The staff really should be commended though, the young blond girl on reception (purple dress) was really friendly and professional.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade on the day as the hotel will have rooms they haven't sold for that night yet...

Hi lucy k,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay, we do indeed provide King beds in all of our rooms here, perhaps you may have felt more comfortable in one of our superior King rooms which do have a little extra room to stretch out.

To ensure the comfort of all of our guests we do not have outside lighting on our balconies, however as the sliding door leading to the balcony is a double full length glass door, most of our guests are satisfied with using the lighting from the room to illuminate the balcony area.
With regards to your room not having a bath, this is a brand standard of Hotel Indigo, however we do provide large walk in Spa inspired rainfall showers to offer our guests a nice relaxing feeling while showering.

I have spoken to our Night Manager who informed me that he had visited you through the night and he was a little worried that you may have needed to visit the hospital the next day, I am sure he will be happy to learn that you pulled through o.k. All of our staff wish you a speedy recovery and we would love to see you again, if you would like to e-mail me personally I would be very happy to arrange a superior King room for you. I do hope that you would change your mind and give us another try.

gm@hotelindigonewcastle.com

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night for a hen weekend, Really surprised by how nice it was! Reception staff were lovely, some of our rooms were ready early so they let us check in, there's also a luggage area to leave bags. Lifts to rooms, hotel was spotless!
Massive room with really comfy beds, tv, fridge, iron, hair dryer! Even had an iPod docking station!
We didn't eat in the hotel, although the afternoon tea looked amazing! Breakfast was pricey at £17! But we just went to Weatherspoons which is 2 min walk away. Cocktails, again pricey but really nice, can't fault the hotel itself.
Great location. Easier to walk into the centre then get a taxi. Lots of bars, takeaways nr hotel to.
Would go back anytime!

Hi Vic8617,

Thank you for a great review! We would love to have you back anytime too, please feel free to check out our website to see what great offers we have for your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just got back from a (classy) hen weekend in Newcastle and stayed two nights here. I just wanted to say what a brilliant hotel. It is a great location, only minutes from the train station, shops and bars. We were in a corner room so the room was large, very cool decor and the complimentary mini bar (well water, chocolate, cans of coke and crisps) were a welcome extra.
Luckily it is not a noisy hotel so a peaceful night sleep was had and the breakfast we had in the morning was gorgeous....I loved that my beans to order came in a little saucepan. The lobby/bar has a nice atmosphere about it and everyone we met from housekeeping, reception staff and bar staff were very nice and helpful.
Overall a great hotel and absolute bargain!

Room Tip: Get a corner room, they are double the size.

Hi Lauren P,

Thank you for your great review, I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The complimentary mini fridge and Wi-Fi are an Indigo brand standard, however I feel you may have also received a little bit of our local Geordie charm!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was here for 3 nights on business, and service has been exemplary. Even though they put me in a room on the 1st floor which faced a brick wall initially (which would have been fine if it was only one night), they were very accomodating when I insisted on a better room, upgrading me to the 4th floor with a balcony. I can see over the building tops, which is an interesting view since it's my first visit to Newcastle. The rooms are very modern and even a Kindle! Great bathroom, though no tub. But I can listen to the seagulls from my room, which I love. The balcony is fab, love sitting outside when I have been inside all day. The hotel restaurant is a Marco Pierre White, so great food too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda1027
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi Linda1027,

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our local family of seagulls entertaining! It’s also great that you took advantage of our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse, have you heard what they are doing for Christmas? Why not be curious and check out the website?

Mark Winter