“Amazing Hotel-Just a little out of the way”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Reviewed April 8, 2013

GREAT STAFF and the rooms are amazing, at the higher end of the price scale and classed as luxury I would say. It's not a place I would stay at all the time but enjoyed when I did, they need to make it a little cheaper or put some deals on once and a while. I would stay again though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hi Stephas H,

Thank you very much for your great review! We would love to see you again soon…

Reviewed April 7, 2013

First class welcome at reception, every member of staff said hello and smiled, basic really, but not common in the UK. We would visit again, but could you look at improving the cooked breakfasts, fried eggs, boiled eggs, bacon not dry, apart from that excellent hotel and staff.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi Raymond B,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our service to be excellent. We pride ourselves on friendly staff and excellent service! It is sad to read that breakfast wasn’t up to scratch and we have passed on your comments to our Executive Head Chef.

We will discuss your feedback in our next managerial meeting and will use such feedback to improve the services we offer and ensure that your next stay with us shall be perfect!

Mark Winter

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Can,t fault the hotel for decor and location. But as for the rooms located around lift areas you will be wakened most of the night with constant door banging of adjacent rooms and the actually lift beeping. I stayed 4 nights and after the second night having been wakened by some rowdy female screaming and shouting from 00:30 until almost 03:30 running back and fro from room to room leaving the doors to bang behind her I complained to reception. They said they would like at the cctv and I tld them the rooms that they appeared to have stayed heard nothing more. I also told reception that it appeared to be that people had came back to the hotel and partied in a room close to ours then left early next morning. The next night was the same and having heard nothing about the previous night just left it. But will not be returning. The Indigo in Glasgow is totally different and I discribed it to others as the quietest hotel I had stayed in even though it is located in central Glasgow. Part of the problem of the Indigo Newcastle is the design of the rooms located around the lift area. The area is to open and due to this noise from people returning late at night is easily heard in rooms around this area. In Glasgow there are doors between the lifts and room corridors which obviously work in keeping noise down. Whats the point of hanging a "do not disturb" on your door if you are constantly wakened through unnessessary noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest away from lift area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Kevin F,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

At Hotel Indigo Newcastle, our vision is to provide a service that our guests love. Your feedback is crucial in our mission to constantly improve ourselves. We will discuss the issues you raised in our regular morning managerial meetings and hopefully will have improved our service should you decide to give us another chance. I would love to see you again, and if you would be so kind as to contact me directly I would be very happy to arrange a room of your choosing and it would be my pleasure to personally make sure your next stay with us is a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I visited Newcastle for a trip to see where my fathers side of the family grew up. The hotel itself is really easy to find from the train station and is really central on the bigger than I thought city centre.

The room was the biggest I've had when staying in an Indigo and this is my third. Complimentary wifi and soft drinks from the fridge.

The shower has the typical Indigo feel which is one of the reasons I love this brand. They have a rainfall shower from above and a handheld shower too in a nice and spacious bathroom.

My only downfall was the bed sunk in the middle and reported it after my first night only to find nothing was done about it for my second night. However, both times I reported it the front desk staff was genuine in offering an apology so I'm not sure why the issue didn't get fixed by the maintenance team as this is the only thing that was disappointing.

On my first night I arrived later than expected due to train issues and had room service which was the nicest I have had in any hotel I have stayed at. It was cooked perfectly and was visually pleasing too and wasn't actually badly priced neither.

All in all this is a lovely hotel with very good service and very nice food. Would I choose this hotel again for my next stay...... Yes I would but I'd test out the bed first.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Hi Kieren83,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have passed you concern on to our Housekeeping department and they will look into it.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am not one to write reviews but the fantastic service and hotel standards was exceptional and credit needs to be given!

I recently stayed for 2 nights and from the moment we checked in till the moment we left the level of customer service was first class (thanks to Mark and the lovely Australian lady whose name I can't remember). Nothing was too much trouble and the friendly and courteous nature of all the staff really made us feel welcome. It was my hen weekend and the staff even went to the extent to decorate my room to make the weekend all the more special. It is this attention to detail and customer service that really makes this hotel 5* standards!! My hen weekend was memorable for all the right reasons but the hotel just complemented the weekend!

A HUGE thank you to all the staff!! We shall certainly be back and you deserve a huge amount of recognition! Some 5* hotels could learn many lessons for you all.

If you are looking for an amazing hotel that combines style, quality and customer service then this is the hotel for you! Amazing!!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Hi 007teach,

You are most welcome and thank you for writing a lovely review! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding anniversary treat, we had already decided we would be eating in the restaurant, so opted for an overnight stay. My husband booked the best room, it indeed was lovely, situated on the top floor with a wrap around balcony complete with loungers and table and chairs (sadly weather to cold to use). The room itself was very chic, quite urban with a nod to art deco. The bathroom was super, fantastic shower and a good range of Aveda toiletries. Free minbar included with wine, soft drinks and snacks. All the usual requirements were provided, hairdryer, iron, tea/coffee facilities, good TV, air con etc.

The hotel was very nicely decorated, modern and clean, staff were super friendly. The restaurant where we managed to dine for lunch, diner and breakfast delivered first class food, beautifully presented and all delicious. The hotel is well placed in the city, it has a car park at the rear and is within easy walking distance of all that Newcastle has to offer.

In short then a beautifully decorated, well managed hotel with a superb restaurant, suitable for a city break or business trips. We definitely will be back !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Trudymol,

Thank you for writing such a great review about our hotel. We would love to see you again soon, hopefully next time the weather will be better so you can fully enjoy your balcony!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked the Indigo as a last-minute Newcastle stop off after walking Hadrians Wall. The rate was great, staff efficient and super friendly, plus it's in a really good location right next to the main railway station. The rooms were great too - with ultra modern bathrooms.

Thanks for a great stay.

Dave

• Stayed: May 2012

Hi Asti_75,

Thank you for your great review! Come and follow us on Twitter, we would love to see you again.