“Excellent hotel - great staff”

Hotel Indigo Newcastle
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel - great staff”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Excellent reception at check-in (thank you Amy) -so helpful, charming and humourous. I was lucky to have a corner room with four floor to ceiling windows with which to watch the snow....
Very comfortable, well appointed and clean room with great shower - I agree with earlier comments about plenty of power sockets, which has proved a challenge at other Hotel Indigo's in the UK.

Great service at the bar - great selection of drinks too - nice niibles. Although I stayed early in the week - I wish I has stayed on a Friday as the bar has a hppay hour offer of Champagne at £20 a bottle - great ides to get the weekend started!!

Restaurant great with lots of choices and even a vegetarian menu - thank you :-)

Breakfast buffet - very good selection, which has been my only real complaint about Hotel Indigo's in the past (frozen "supermarket" bread at Tower Hill and Liverpool) but not here - really top notch - Newcastle was my fourth Hotel Indigo in the UK - and this is one of my top 2.

And now the only place for me to stay in Newcastle - as for me, it's the team work and attention to detail of the staff that make a hotel stand out - and in Hotel Indigo Newcastle this was exemplary

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank glenhodgso
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hello glenhodgso,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. Its excellent to see we've been one of the best hotels you've stayed at in the UK but next time we must make sure we are your number 1!

Its lovely to appreciate the details; the bread itself is delivered fresh and used immediately! We couldn't serve anything less than we would expect ourselves :)

Next time you'll definitely have to stay for a weekend and celebrate our Thank Fizz its Friday with us, we can't wait for your return.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just had my second overnight stay here. The location is good, very close to the railway station and centre and set among some stunning architecture. There are plenty of pubs, restaurants and sandwich bars nearby. The hotel is quite new so everything is fresh and shiny. Rooms are clean and spacious and the complementary mini bar with soft drinks & snacks is a welcome touch. What makes this hotel for me though is the friendly and efficient staff, you really get the feeling that nothing is too much trouble and I've yet to catch one without a smile on their face and a friendly greeting as you pass by. My only (minor) complaint is the breakfast bacon - I do like a bacon sarnie (after my healthy fruit of course!) in the morning and both times it has been overdone and too crispy for my liking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank AnnieMM
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hi Jill

Thank you for such a lovely review.

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the room we allocated you...it is an outstanding room with that balcony which looks over the City of Newcastle.

Sian and I were delighted to invite you back for a 2nd stay and we are on schedule to get all of the A/C units replaced, only another week.

Like discussed, drop me a call when your next thinking of visiting Newcastle and I will be more than delighted to look after you and your husband.

Kindest Regards,

Worcester
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in an Indigo hotel although I frequently stay at other hotels within the same group such as Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. I was very impressed. The hotel facilities were of a very high standard but what impressed me nice was the genuine friendliness of the staff.

The location of this hotel is great. Right in the centre of things. I was a little worried when driving in in case it was difficult to park but I needn't have worried.

As priority club members we were entitled to an upgrade if a room was available. There wasn't - instead the staff upgraded our mini bar - and still made us feel special. Thank you.

As it was a miserable night we decided to eat in the restaurant. So glad we did. It was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello KarenJSC,

Thank you so much for your review!

Our staff really appreciate your kind comments too and your words have been passed on to the team. It's having wonderful guests like you that keeps making us smile all the time :)

It's great that we could still make you feel special despite our availability at the time, we really hope to have you back again as soon as can be!

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arrived in Newcastle by train and the hotel is just round the corner in an ideal location for the city centre. Warm and efficient welcome and easy check-in. Room was ready on our arrival just a bit earlier than the official check-in time. Receptionist took care of booking us into the Marco Pierre White restaurant for dinner later that night. Lovely modern room.

Restaurant lived up to all the good reviews. Really good service and fine food cooked as ordered. Breakfast was excellent too. Wide choice of continental items with hot food cooked to order. Smoked haddock dish on spinach with poached egg was so good and unique we ordered it again the next day and were not disappointed.

Checkout was very efficient too and they looked after our luggage for a few hours while we easily filled in our last few hours in the city before boarding our train home.

Overall nothing to complain about and well worth recommending.

Hello AMCUK,

It sounds like you found all the good things Hotel Indigo Newcastle had to offer. As a brand though, we like to change and keep fresh as often as we can so the next time you come back will be just a refreshing :)

Really hope you come back soon and thank you so much for such a lovely reivew!

south shields
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in a double room on the third floor and we were very impressed. The room was a good size and nicely decorated with plenty of lights and mirrors. There was a socket on each side of the bed - handy for charging your phone (why do so many hotels fail to provide this?!) there was also a socket at the dressing table for your hairdrier/straightners as well as a dock for your iphone/ipod. The bathroom was small but well appointed with a stylish shower and bench mounted sink.

The mini bar was complimentary and included a can of diet coke, lemonade, kit-kat, packet of crisps and still & sparkling water which I thought was a nice touch. The only negative point I have is that the bed was too soft, my husband and I kept rolling into the middle of the bed which made for a restless nights' sleep - a real shame becasue I can't fault the hotel on anything other than that.

We had breakfast at the hotel and, while I didn't have any cooked breakfast, my husband said it was absolutely delicious. There was plenty to choose from in the cold/continental breakfast area.

All of the staff we met were polite and always seemed to be genuinely interested in how you were and what you were up to - a credit to this great hotel.

Room Tip: We slept on the third floor and we didn't hear a thing - other than our air con clicking on and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello chunkymonkey5,

What a wonderful review!! Thank you so much for your kind words and your time.

It's lovely to hear the found the amenities so useful, we do like to provide those extra little things other hotels may forget ;) Although all of your comments about the room have been taken on board and will gear towards improving everything we can to make every Indigo Newcastle experience a perfect one.

Next time you come, make sure you get yourself a lovely full english breakfast too, it can't be missed!

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

lovely hotel nothing bad about this hotel what so ever! very friendly staff & lovely breakfast. rooms nice & big! bathroom very nice too! would defo recommend this hotel! also shops 2minuets away! will defo be returning to this hotel!! :-)

• Stayed January 2013
Mark W, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Newcastle, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi Lauzzy,

Thank you very much for your very ‘elegant’ comments!
Kind regards,

teesside
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were invited back to the hotel after a bad experience in September. This time we were upgraded to the beautiful Superior Suite on the 4th floor. The room had a lovely large balcony & fantastic bathroom, which has had the rain shower upgraded to a more powerful one, which was much better than last time. Everything in the room was lovely & clean & appreciated the up-graded mini-bar. Still a few problems with the air con but we have been assured by Mark, Front of House Manger, that all rooms will have a new unit in them by the end of January & we are looking forward to staying again. Special thanks to Sian & Mark who were both extremely helpful.

Hi Jill

Thank you for such a lovely review.

Kindest Regards,