“Very pleasant experience”

Komal Balti Restaurant Jesmond
Ranked #580 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A welcoming, friendly and formal dining experience at the heart of Jesmond for over 20 years. With an array of exotic and traditional dishes on offer, let Komals win your heart with a taste, style and warmth not found in any other restaurant. Come dine with us today.
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We visited as a family of 6 on a Friday evening, The restaurant was busy but we were taken to our table almost immediately. Staff were very pleasant and the service good. I don't normally go to Indian restaurants simply because I find the large choice of menu daunting. I never know what to order.Fortunately my daughter was with us. She knows my likes and dislikes and kept me right on what to order. We all had different dishes. The food was tasty, and there was plenty of it. Could not fault the restaurant at all. All in all we had a very pleasant evening. I would recommend this restaurant and when next in Jesmond would hope to visit again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Our party of ten were quickly shown to our table in what was a practically empty restaurant - I was surprised how empty it was on a Thursday evening after hearing good reports about it. It was some time before our drinks order was taken -again surprising. The menu offers plenty of choice and everyone enjoyed their meal , even though a couple of dishes took a lot longer than the rest to arrive at the table. Overall a good meal but the service could have been better.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my colleagues on Monday night, and we found the food and the service excellent, we ordered lamb nawab and king prawn massala, both the dishes were delicious the lamb was tender and lean, would recommended this restaurant !

1  Thank James B
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Good food with some different dishes on the menu. we had the shared starter which was large. You can BYOB and the corkage is 10% of the menu. Prices are cheap and staff are great!!In the evening you can get free parking outside the restaurant. Thanks to Komal Balti!

1  Thank IOMtravelgirl
Reviewed March 5, 2014

It was on a Friday night, we went to komal to try it as it was recommended by friend, though the restaurant was busy the staffs managed to get us seat, after we sat down we got our drinks and popadoms straight away and followed by our meals, the food was fantastic, so delicious and fresh and we really enjoyed and we are delighted by the over all presentation and service. I would Recommend this restaurant for those who wants to try good Indian foods.