“I have to go again”

Komal Balti Restaurant Jesmond
Ranked #430 of 1,305 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A welcoming, friendly and formal dining experience at the heart of Jesmond for over 20 years. With an array of exotic and traditional dishes on offer, let Komals win your heart with a taste, style and warmth not found in any other restaurant. Come dine with us today.
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Was initially on guard as "dry", but when I heard you can bring your own, then fears allayed.
Good atmosphere, lovely decor, with an amazing menu, with fantastic food.I was at the Stanhope street restaurant and I will go back.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Really great curry! Excellent staff. I go to the sister restaurant in the westend often, do not miss this hidden gem.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Thanks to Robbielow for your comment on 18july. I always tried to treat everybody as my friend, rather than a customer, and wanted to give everyone a homly feelings. I learned a lot from all of my lovely customers and i will remember you all. Hossain

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I visited on a Thursday evening with my girlfriend and luckily got a table for two without a booking.

We got the early evening deal of a starter an a main each and had some extras. All the food was perfectly cooked, the lamb especially tender and just the right level of spice!

Will definately visit again!

1  Thank Chris-Marton
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Visited here on a busy Saturday evening in a group of 3. I have visited the Komal on a couple of previous occasions, always very good, but this time exceptional. The moment we walked in, we were warmly greeted by members of staff, luckily for us they had a table. The staff were attentive, warm and although rushed off their feet behaved in a professional manner. I have to say some other restaurants could learn a lesson or two from them. The food was delicious without exception, everything from poppadoms through starters, mains and even the coffee was lovely. We had the misfortune to dine at one of Newcastles top Indian restaurants a few weeks ago, Komal is head and shoulders above what they offered. We spent £85 for 3 which included drinks, poppadoms, 3 x starters, 2 x rice, 3 x mains, 2 x nans, 1 x side dish and 3 x coffees. It was worth every penny.

To sum up, a truly delicious meal served by friendly and efficient waiters, would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Trudy M