“Great food and service with a smile”

Komal Balti Restaurant Jesmond
Ranked #457 of 1,287 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A welcoming, friendly and formal dining experience at the heart of Jesmond for over 20 years. With an array of exotic and traditional dishes on offer, let Komals win your heart with a taste, style and warmth not found in any other restaurant. Come dine with us today.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Visited here on a busy Saturday evening in a group of 3. I have visited the Komal on a couple of previous occasions, always very good, but this time exceptional. The moment we walked in, we were warmly greeted by members of staff, luckily for us they had a table. The staff were attentive, warm and although rushed off their feet behaved in a professional manner. I have to say some other restaurants could learn a lesson or two from them. The food was delicious without exception, everything from poppadoms through starters, mains and even the coffee was lovely. We had the misfortune to dine at one of Newcastles top Indian restaurants a few weeks ago, Komal is head and shoulders above what they offered. We spent £85 for 3 which included drinks, poppadoms, 3 x starters, 2 x rice, 3 x mains, 2 x nans, 1 x side dish and 3 x coffees. It was worth every penny.

To sum up, a truly delicious meal served by friendly and efficient waiters, would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Trudy M
There are newer reviews for Komal Balti Restaurant Jesmond

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Very good quality, excellent taste and value, and very good service. Many choices on the menu. Also easily accesible.

2  Thank obaysan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Average food with unbelievably rude staff.

Waited over an hour for our main course. Ordered keema nan but was served a garlic nan instead. When I asked for it to be replaced I was told that it was a keema nan?! After opening the nan and showing the waiter that there was absolutely no meat inside the waiter exploded and refused to admit he was wrong. I paid and left.

Unbelievable....

3  Thank HJLeeds
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stay in Jesmond when using the airport as the Metro is really convenient. We discovered the Komal after arriving back from a holiday, needing a late-night curry! It was fantastic. Only ordered a main course given the hour. I went for a dansac with mushroom pilau and a parata. My wife had chicken tikka with a vegetable bhaji. The food was faultless, and the bhaji spectacular. I will certainly visit again, and recommend the veg. bhaji to anyone who visits. The staff are efficient and not pushy (ie, not pushing "pappadoms" and "more drinks" all the time!).Very well located right next to West Jesmond metro station. ( KOMAL12 ).

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Visited with my daughter, who has recently moved to Jesmond, prompted by a flyer delivered to her flat and was very glad we did. Shaslick chicken and chicken dupiatza as good as any we've eaten anywhere. My daughter and her friends will undoubtedly be regulars over the coming months. (KOMAL12)