I stayed here for a week, while working in Newcastle. The down stairs of the hotel has been updated, but think they have forgotten about the upstairs which needs a major update. The rooms are quite cold and all that's in the room is a small heater that doesn't do much. It very loud of a night with the bars by the hotel and where the bed was in my room there was a door in the hall outside so all night all you got was the door banging against the wall which shakes the bed. Another colleague also stayed in the hotel and was 2 floors lower and at the back of the hotel and she said she didn't sleep well with all the noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne