Went here today on 23rd March on a living Social Voucher, as this was booked for 2.30 we were a bit early and was shown to our table, the waitress showed us the menu and drinks menu, she came back about 10 mins later and took our orders. After about 15 further minutes I had to ask for our bottle of wine which hadn't arrived yet! I mean how long do you have to wait for a bottle of wine! Our starters then came which was presented very nice I had the Ham Hock and hubby had the tomato soup, by this time I Was getting very agitated and could not enjoy the starter at all because we still had not received our wine. About 15 minutes later they cleared our plates ,and about 10 minutes later our mains arrived we both had the beef which was a bit pink but was ok, and vegetables in a separate bowl, I couldn't believe there were no greens whatsoever except for one green bean and one piece of cauliflower which my husband took, the gravy bowl was just plonked on the table without any gravy boat hence the stain on the tablecloth! Then our wine arrived which was plonked on the table, the waitress did apologise for the delay, but wine wasn't even poured out for us or in a cooler! We asked for the bill as soon as we had finished I didn't want to stay any longer or have a desert as we would have had to wait even longer. We paid our bill and then had to pay £3 for our car being parked, we did not have to pay the last time we were there. I did take it out on the male receptionist which I regret as it wasn't his fault he asked if I wanted to speak to the manager which I said I wouldn't bother as I wouldn't be returning but I would certainly be notifying trip advisor. My apologise to the receptionist, but won,t be returning even on a Living Social Voucher, my husband seems to think we were treat differently because of the voucher, but the place would be empty without these vouchers, very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne