County Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$84
  • Breakfast included
$80
$76
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$122
$102
$86
$81
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
Travelocity
$79
$74
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$204
$119
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$101
$95
Agoda.com
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$53
$40
Official Hotel Site
    1,165 results
    All reviewsdirectly opposite the stationtrain stationcar parkstreet noiseexcellent locationcity centrebit datedstayed for one nightbuffet stylehotel barbars and restaurantsthistlenewcastleearplugsnightlifehairdryerarena
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hi
    If there is anyone out there looking for a venue for a wedding,function or just a party in and around Newcastle then I would strongly recommend this hotel.
    We booked our wedding reception in January of this year for December and the service,advise and help you get is second to none from the wedding coordinator right through to all the staff, also what excellent value for money for what you get on the day brilliant!!!
    Our wedding party was made up of just over 50 with 9 children and everyone who came said it was one of the best days they had ever had with superb food and service,we had 10 rooms booked and everyone was of a very good standard and the beds were more than comfortable.
    I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to anyone It's superb.
    Thank you to everyone who had a hand in our day at the Thistle.
    You made our day
    Tony & Margaret

Room Tip: All at our party slept well so unable to advise on the best location within the hotel
    • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
    GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with such positive feedback of your experience at Thistle Newcastle, The County.

I was absolutely delighted to learn that the team played a part in making your special day such a memorable one.

Weddings at the County are becoming very popular indeed, with the building lending itself to the feel of a country house in the heart of the city. I was pleased to note that you found our venue to be excellent value for money and the team to be helpful and professional from the initial enquiry to the finer details of your big day. I will personally ensure your kind comments are passed on to all involved in making the day a success and I am sure they will be really pleased to learn of your satisfaction. Thank you for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the County for your anniversary stay!

Congratulations and very best wishes for the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Visited the Thistle for an office Christmas party, and stayed in the hotel afterwards.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, if maybe a little small. The bed was very comfortable with a nice firm mattress and pillows, there were also spare pillows in the cupboard, along with a fan, ironing board & iron and a safe. There was also tea& coffee, TV with a handful of channels and a guide to the local area. Can't really comment on the breakfast as I didn't make it down in time. Staff were friendly both in the evening and the next morning, Would definitely stay here again.

One downside to the stay, although they haven't affected my scoring as its not the hotels fault, but something to consider when you're booking...was the noise. My room looked out on to Grainger Street, directly outside a nightclub, and so it was very noisy outside with music, and people shouting until nearly 3am. Again, though its not the hotels fault, if you want a city centre hotel, you have to accept that it might be noisy. The hotel do provide earplugs in the room, which I thought was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Neville Street / Grainger Street.
    • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us in Thistle Newcastle, The County.

I was delighted to note that you found The County to be clean and comfortable. It is great to receive such positive feedback about our rooms and our friendly staff and I will personally ensure your comments are passed on to the team.

We have recently implemented a new breakfast specification which includes many new and additional items. Our offering includes both vegetarian and Gloucester old spot sausages, button and Portobello mushrooms, back bacon and streaky bacon, various fresh fruits, several cereal and pastry options, pancakes, fresh fish, a selection of breads, cold meats, cheese selection and much more. This is something we are very proud of and we have received excellent feedback from our guests following the introduction of this and I am confident there is something for everyone to enjoy. I do hope you will have the opportunity to sample this on your next visit to Newcastle

Our city centre location does have many advantages such as excellent transport links, a short walk to the main shopping areas and only a stones throw from the Newcastle’s extensive array of bars and restaurants. Unfortunately external noise can prove to be a nuisance if you are not accustomed to it. Here at The County we recognise this and have taken measures to ensure that any disturbance is kept to a minimum by installing secondary glazing to all of our outward facing rooms. On your next visit, please contact our hotel Reception team direct who would be more than happy to help you find a room to best suit your needs. We have several different room types available and many overlooking our courtyard car park which may be available on request.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend recently stayed here just for one night on Sunday December the 1st and were extremely disapointed. We had stayed at the Marriot in Gosforth the night before which was £40 more but the standards between the two hotels were miles apart! The room we stayed in (406) was so uncomfortable as the heating was on full blast and aparently nothing could be done but us move rooms, which we didn't want to do as it was a lot of effort moving all of our stuff and by the sounds of the explanation given all the rooms would be equally as hot. The toilet was also leaking meaning a lot of constant noise throughout the night and not much sleep! Also as our room was facing the train station there was constant disturbance from outside too.
    Will not be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay with us. I was sorry to note that you found the temperature in the room to be too high. We do have rooms overlooking the courtyard car park which can be cooler and may be available upon request by contacting Reception. Please be assured, we have a Duty Manager available 24 hours a day who I am confident would be more than happy to fulfil any requests to make your stay more comfortable. Whether it be adjusting the temperature of the room, lighter bedding, a fan or a room in a different part of the building.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review and I do hope we can welcome you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room was hot, probably over 26 deg. All radiators were off. Upon complaining I was told it was a hot hotel and they would look at it whilst I was out and would I like a fan!

When I got back fan was on and I had some water on ice. But it didn't really help. No point providing a duvet and windows open 2" only onto busy main road. I've stayed before in cooler area but this was terrible. If I was staying for 2 nights I would have cancelled.

• Stayed: November 2013
    1  Thank mfarrow6483

Dear Reviewer,

I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay with us. I was sorry to note that you found the temperature in the room to be too high. We do have rooms overlooking the courtyard car park which are both away from the main road and can be cooler. These may be available upon request by contacting Reception.

The County is a Grade 2 listed building and retains many of the original features, the sash windows being one of these. These windows are restricted as to how far they open for the safety and security of our guests. Please be assured, we have a Duty Manager available 24 hours a day who I am confident would be more than happy to fulfil any requests to make your stay more comfortable. Whether it be lighter bedding, a fan or a room in a different part of the building.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed just for one night on Tuesday. The room was small and a bit pokey, but clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly both in the evening and next morning. In particular showing off their brand new breakfast setup, which was good.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the creaky stairs.
    • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The County and that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.

I was disappointed to note that you found your room to be small. We do have a range of room types available, from the compact and cosy small double rooms to our spacious executive rooms. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Newcastle. When making your reservation, please do not hesitate to contact our team direct who can make recommendations to ensure the room you have booked best suits your needs.

I was delighted to read that you found our staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed your breakfast experience. We have recently implemented a new breakfast specification which includes many new and additional items. The selection is now much bigger and includes both vegetarian and Gloucester old spot sausages, button and Portobello mushrooms, back bacon and streaky bacon, various fresh fruits, several cereal and pastry options, pancakes, fresh fish, a selection of breads, cold meats, cheese selection and much more. We have received excellent feedback from our guests following the introduction of this and I was pleased to note that you experienced this first hand.