County Hotel
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$101
$97
Hotels.com
$94
$88
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$109
$90
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$81
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$69
$65
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Pool
$81
$76
$76
$71
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$111
$107
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$36
$31
Official Hotel Site
    1,163 results
    All reviewsdirectly opposite the stationtrain stationcar parkstreet noiseexcellent locationcity centrebit datedstayed for one nightbuffet stylehotel barbars and restaurantsthistlenewcastleearplugsnightlifehairdryerarena
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visited this hotel recently on a business/pleasure trip. Having heard a lot about Newcastles night life I was expecting a little noise but was pleasently suprised to find it a quiet hotel ( secondary double glazing ) even on a Saturday night.

The hotel staff were absolutely superb. Polite and courteous ( especially the girls in the restaurant ) Always ready to share invaluable local knowledge and advice, we found all the saff a credit to the hotel.

The food was excellent! I was particually impressed with the brekfast and the evening "cheeseboard" selection. Probably the best Ive seen in any hotel.

The hotel keep an eye on the door at night and while courteous and polite we did witness one member of stafff moving on a drunken reveller who'd decided to sit on the steps. It was done with care and respect and wored perfectly.

When you find a good hotel you tend to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear if youre worried about noise. Parking costs £10 per 24 hour but is a good option given the amount of people wandering about worse for wear at night
    • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
    GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us in Thistle Newcastle, The County.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return on your next visit to Newcastle.

Our team here work very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their time with us and it is great to read that you experienced this first hand. Please be assured, your kind comments will be passed onto the team who I am sure will be delighted to read them.

I was pleased to note that you had a great nights sleep. Being in the heart of the city does have many advantages; however external noise can be a nuisance. Our outwards facing rooms are fitted with secondary glazing to prevent our city centre location causing a disturbance and I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments on this with the Tripadvisor community.

Thank you for your kind comments relating to both our breakfast and dinner offerings. We regularly receive excellent feedback on this and it is great to note that you had an enjoyable experience whilst dining with us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great location, right in the heart of the city opposite the railway station, and decent breakfast make this a recommended venue. My room was small but what did make up for it was a 6-7 foot long bath allowing a big guy to have a big soak!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Our central location does have many advantages and it is great to read that you found this to be convenient. Not only do we have excellent transport links, being directly opposite Central Station, but we are also just a short walk away from all that Newcastle has to offer. Should you be visiting Newcastle on business or for a short leisure break, Newcastle has something for everyone. Our hotel is located just a stones throw away from both the main shopping areas and Newcastle’s extensive array of bars and restaurants.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our breakfast offering. On our extensive buffet you can choose from not only Full English hot items but also cereals, toast, pastries, fresh bread, fruit, cold meats and cheese, fruit juices and of course, the hot beverage of your choice. Our breakfast has a great deal of choice and is excellent value for money. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your breakfast experience and hope that on your next visit to us you will also join us for dinner on the evening where I am confident you will find our standards to be just as high!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here recently and was disappointed in the room.Very small.you would struggle to get two people in the double bed.
    Limited on site parking which you have to pay £10/night for.
    Directly opposite the Railway station so is very busy.
    Staff very friendly and helpfull as I have found in almost very Hotel I have stayed in in the North east.
    The Hotel really needs some money spent on it to bring it up to a decent standard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
    GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

As our hotel was built in the late 1800’s, our bedrooms are not as uniform as some of the new builds you find today. Our rooms do differ in size, making the best possible use of the space available. We do have a range of room types available, from cosy yet comfortable small double rooms to spacious and luxurious executive rooms. Our small double rooms contain a 4ft bed as opposed to our standard double rooms which house a standard 4ft 6 bed. They make the perfect base for exploring the city or for a short business break.

I do hope that on your next visit to Newcastle you will choose to stay with us. Please feel free to contact our Reception team direct and they will try their best to find a room which is better suited to your needs.

On a more positive note, thank you for your kind comments regarding our team here. Please be assured, your comments will be passed on to the team.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a work trip as location was central and it had parking. Arrived at the hotel to find the car park had about 12 spaces, all full (it's a big hotel so this seemed pretty inadequate) nearest parking was at the station which was £15 overnight on a weekday.
    The hotel itself was also disappointing. My room was small and pretty shabby with a light that buzzed constantly. The bathroom was a strange small triangular affair which was awkward to get in and out of and felt very cramped. My room was opposite the lifts too so I was woken up twice in the early hours of the morning by drunken conversations outside- sound proofing severely lacking!
    On a positive note the free wifi was pretty fast and the breakfast was good- not enough to persuade me to stay again though!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay here. We do have a small 19 space car park to the rear of the hotel. Spaces are allocated on a first come first served basis. Should our car park be full when you arrive, there are several car parks within short walking distance which our Reception team will be more than happy to direct you to. Guests are more than welcome to leave any luggage with us whilst parking their car to avoid having to carry it back to the hotel.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by the buzzing of a light in your room. We have a Guest Relations Manager available 24hours a day to assist with any such issues. I am confident, should they have been made aware of this issue they would have been more than happy to rectify the problem.

As our hotel was built in the late 1800’s, our bedrooms are not as uniform as some of the new builds you find today. Our rooms do differ in size, making the best possible use of the space available. We do have a range of room types available, from cosy small double rooms to spacious and luxurious executive rooms.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to read you made good use of the Wi-Fi. We are proud to offer fast Wi-Fi free of charge throughout the hotel.

We often receive excellent feedback regarding our breakfast offering and I was pleased to note you were able to dine with us and experience this first hand.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I booked a one night stay in a single room, at short notice, and I was really happy with everything given the low price I paid. The room, overlooking the car park was comfortable, the bed almost a double-size, and the bathroom clean, and spacious. All staff were courteous, and efficient. Fast wifi was a bonus, as this often lacks speed in hotel rooms. Location couldn't be more central. There was a bit of coming, and going until 4am (weekend), but I still got a decent kip. Had to skip breakfast, as I needed to get back home early in the morning. All in all, great value for the price I paid!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer,

It is great to read such a positive review of our hotel. The team here all take great pride in their work, ensuring we offer great value for money without compromising on comfort and friendliness.

I was pleased to note you made use of the wi-fi during your stay. We feel that fast wi-fi is a necessity and are proud to offer this complimentary throughout the hotel. We feel this is an excellent advantage as there aren’t many hotels in the city offering fast wi-fi free of charge.

I was pleased to read that you found your room to be of a good size. From the description you have given, it sounds like you have booked one of our small double rooms. These are perfect for a base whilst travelling on business or exploring the city.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.